PDA

View Full Version : where to buy mh in calgary?

robzilla
02-08-2005, 10:38 PM
hi, i'm coming to calgary in march and want to buy a metal halide pendant. what are my choices in calgary?
what's the best?

thanks
rob

danny zubot
02-08-2005, 10:57 PM
You could try Wai's up on 16th Ave N but his selection is limited. I'd recomend stopping buy Quick Grow on Macleod Tr. and 75th Ave. for the balasts and reflectors etc. You'd have to buy the bulb separately as they are a plant growing store and don't have bulbs suited for aquariums. Better yet, order online and save money!

I take it the selection in the Kootenay's is limited? I have a friend who comes here to buy HotWheels. :lol:

robzilla
02-08-2005, 11:43 PM
yes, the selection is limited. lots of grow shops too but to find a nice pendant, that you can hang in the open......is tough.
as for those hot wheel collectors, i know a bunch of them too.. my brother and a few of my friends collect them.. i work in retail store so i get to meet lots of them.
rob

Bob I
02-09-2005, 12:47 AM
I would not look for a pendant in Calgary. I have two PFO pendants that I bought from Premium Aquatics online. Unfortunately shipping from the US has gone up a lot recently. But J&L has good pendants too. :biggrin:

danny zubot
02-09-2005, 04:54 AM
as for those hot wheel collectors, i know a bunch of them too..
Ever meet a guy named Paulo?

robzilla
02-09-2005, 03:49 PM
hi, yea i meet paulo, he's good friends with my brother chris (another hot wheel collector). they hae made roadtrips to colville to get cars. sounds like they are addicted to hot wheels as we are to aquariums.....

danny zubot
02-09-2005, 04:40 PM
Small world!! Every Chrismas we send him a care package with hotwheels in it. Everytime he comes to Calgary he goes to Toys R Us before we even get to see him. He's just a big kid. :mrgreen:

albert_dao
02-10-2005, 07:28 AM
I'd skip Calgary for metal halide fixtures and go straight to the internet.

muck
02-10-2005, 02:17 PM
I'd skip Calgary for metal halide fixtures and go straight to the internet.
Albert is right. The best deals are on-line!!
(I have been looking at upgrading to MH) :cool:

Bob I
02-10-2005, 03:48 PM

I have some stuff available so you could do it inexpensively :biggrin: .

muck
02-10-2005, 03:57 PM

I have some stuff available so you could do it inexpensively :biggrin: .
What do you have Bob?
PM me.

robzilla
02-10-2005, 04:13 PM
hi, i'm interested too...
have you found any online, canadian sites that seem good. so far j&l look the best.
thanks
rob

Veng68
02-14-2005, 02:53 AM
You could try Wai's up on 16th Ave N but his selection is limited. I'd recomend stopping buy Quick Grow on Macleod Tr. and 75th Ave. for the balasts and reflectors etc. You'd have to buy the bulb separately as they are a plant growing store and don't have bulbs suited for aquariums. Better yet, order online and save money!

I take it the selection in the Kootenay's is limited? I have a friend who comes here to buy HotWheels. :lol:

Do you know if they have any reflectors for flourescent tubes?

If so I will probably drop by the next time I am in town.

Cheers,
Vic [veng68]