PDA

View Full Version : FS: Upflow style reactor; Calgary

Delphinus
02-08-2005, 03:02 PM
I have another reactor for sale. I used this for a short time in the summer. This would be great for use where space is an issue, as it has a nice small footprint.

It is an upflow style and has a built-in bubble counter.

I was going to use it on my second tank but have decided that getting another CO2 cylinder and regulator doesn't fit within my goals for the next few months. So if someone can put it to use, that's a better fate for it than it sitting around idle in my basement.

$150. (The price on this one is firm, sorry.)

Will post pictures of it tonight.

mr_alberta
02-08-2005, 04:04 PM
Does that price include a pump? What are the dimensions of it? I assume it is a cylindrical shaped reactor?

Richer
02-08-2005, 11:27 PM
Sorry Harvey, its mine for now :mrgreen:

-Rich

StirCrazy
02-09-2005, 12:56 AM
Tony, how did you find the upflow or did you use it?

Steve

Delphinus
02-09-2005, 04:41 AM
Sold! Thanks very much. :smile:

Steve, I didn't use it long enough to form a really solid understanding, but, it seemed to work OK. I think it is at the very least comparable to a downflow. If anything, perhaps a little more efficient on account that part of the media bed gets fluidized (and prone to less clogging over time). That said, I don't know if there are any long-term significant differences. One nice thing is you don't need a recirc line for the CO2 at the top, it never gets a chance to accumulate.

ldzielak
02-09-2005, 10:59 PM
Tony,

Can you send me a pic? I've been running mine reverse flow for some time. It doesn't fluidize very well (small pump) and I have been too lazy to install the new one I got on Boxing day. But I would have been plugged by now if it was not reverse flow.

Lee