PDA

View Full Version : Power for the tank

Nemo
02-07-2005, 04:23 AM
I have had a few people ask me, so here is what I have done.

:arrow: Ran 2 new 15 Amp circuits for the tank

:arrow: In the cabnit I installed 4 GFI plugs to run the pumps, heaters, air pump, and light for the refugium.

:arrow: The plugs for the pumps and lights are in light switches so I do not have to unplug the units.

:arrow: I plug the titanium grounding rod directly into the new wall plug (the one for the lighting, gives me a fast visual that something is wrong when my lights go out)

:arrow: I will be installing 2 GFI plugs for the power heads, 2 GFI plugs for the lighting, all on light switches in the cabnit. Plugged into the second 15 Amp circuit.

:arrow: Just piped in and tested my Mak 4 pump, it kicks ass :biggrin: :biggrin: so now I have a backup on my return

Robert

KarlK
03-02-2005, 03:46 AM
You only really need one GFI per circuit. You can sub-feed the other plugs off the GFI and they will be protected as well.

Nemo
03-02-2005, 06:34 AM
You only really need one GFI per circuit. You can sub-feed the other plugs off the GFI and they will be protected as well.

Yes technicaly you are right, but if you did that and for some reason if a plug trips you would lose everything on that circuit. My way I only lose that one piece of equipment and the rest will continue to run.

Robert

Rikko
03-02-2005, 07:20 AM
... plus that sure narrows down the culprit. :P