PDA

View Full Version : 180 Gallon

Reefhawk1
02-06-2005, 07:18 AM
Just thought I would post a few pics of the 180. I fired up the sump tonight and all is working well with no leaks :biggrin: . Tommorow is another fun day of hooking up my new Ro unit along with mounting the metal halide lighting.

Stan

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/1283reef4-med.jpg
http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/1283Reef2-med.jpg
http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/1283reef_3-med.jpg

rusty
02-06-2005, 02:30 PM
looks good Stan. Hey thats nice sand you have must come from a good batch :biggrin:

Dez
02-06-2005, 02:40 PM
hmmm...looks better in my house...just kidding, man did you get it clean. Any pics of the sump setup? I'd like to see what you changed underneath. It didn't take you long to set it up. Did you still want that Berlin skimmer top? Did you end up painting the tank back?

Des

Reefhawk1
02-06-2005, 03:11 PM
By the way everyone this is Deses old set up , so I had a great start to the project. :mrgreen:

Des, I did paint the back of the tank with Krylon plastic and glass paint. It worked really well, but it stunk up the apartment when I painted it. I also missed a couple of times and painted the carpet.

I modified the sump from the 12 gallon to the 50 gallon. I added a couple of baffles and put the Berlin skimmer directly in the sump. I will post a pic of the sump when I have it a little more organized :biggrin: I decided to not go with a refugium yet due to space. The halide ballasts will take up most of the remaining room.

Des I still need the top if it is available. Do you still have any live rock or corals for sale?

Stan
[/quote]

Murminator
02-06-2005, 04:52 PM
Looking good Stan I like the look of the rocks in the corners and an open sandbed in the middle

Looks like you've been busy seems like yesterday it was rolling around in the back of my truck :razz:

Richer
02-06-2005, 04:59 PM
Looks a lot better than when I saw it at your place only filled up 3/4 of the way :mrgreen: . I bet you won't miss the constant waterfall sound in your place :razz: .

Looking good, more shots please!

-Rich

Dez
02-06-2005, 11:59 PM
By the way everyone this is Deses old set up , so I had a great start to the project. :mrgreen:

Des, I did paint the back of the tank with Krylon plastic and glass paint. It worked really well, but it stunk up the apartment when I painted it. I also missed a couple of times and painted the carpet.

I modified the sump from the 12 gallon to the 50 gallon. I added a couple of baffles and put the Berlin skimmer directly in the sump. I will post a pic of the sump when I have it a little more organized :biggrin: I decided to not go with a refugium yet due to space. The halide ballasts will take up most of the remaining room.

Des I still need the top if it is available. Do you still have any live rock or corals for sale?

Stan
[/quote]

Cool, you'll have to pick up the Berlin top sometime. I don't have any rock or coral for sale anymore. Unless you want gsps, or I have some larger colonies of pavona if you want...anyway, come by when you get the top and see what you want.... Is the sump hard to get into now, cause I know it was fairly tall. Also, I would put your blue returns closer to the water surface just in case you have a power outage so you don't drain that much out of the main tank.

Thanks

Des

reefhawk
02-09-2005, 04:06 AM
hey its the other reefhawk. I also have a 180 but i have not been able to figure out how to post pics here yet it always says file size too large.

Reefhawk1
02-09-2005, 01:44 PM
You have to down size the picture. You can do this directly on your digital camera or with software on your computer.

Stan