PDA

View Full Version : Urchin Spawn

christyf5
02-06-2005, 06:19 AM
Well its been a long time since anything good exciting happened in my tank but my urchin spawned tonight :eek: :mrgreen: I wondered what was going on as its tentacly bits are longer than usual and waving about in the current. Upon further inspection the tentacles were pulsing away and close to the urchin test and the urchin looked like it was smoking (for lack of a better description). I even managed to capture it on video with my camera. Pretty cool stuff!!

http://www3.telus.net/seamonkey68/urchinspawn.mov

Christy :)

muck
02-06-2005, 06:24 AM
Thanks for sharing the video Christy, but the link needs fixing.
Thats a very nice looking urchin btw. I keep meaning to get me one... :confused:

christyf5
02-06-2005, 06:25 AM
Oops thanks for pointing that out Ryan :redface: I guess I got a little excited :mrgreen:

muck
02-06-2005, 06:28 AM
Oops thanks for pointing that out Ryan :redface: I guess I got a little excited :mrgreen:
no worries... It was very neat to see and thanks for sharing it.
(now if only Rich would post his tank vid hes been promising for a week now... :rolleyes: )

sumpfinfishe
02-06-2005, 07:19 PM
Congrats co-piliot :wink:

I have prayed to the coral gods, I hope your reef is gonna rebound from those @#%*ing dinos at last :exclaim:

I hear ya Ryan, it's a good thing my life wasn't depending on that vid-it will be up today :mrgreen:

Delphinus
02-06-2005, 11:56 PM
Cool, Christy!!

Coldwater
02-07-2005, 01:32 AM
Whoa thats cool! All my two urchins ever do is die :neutral: .

Matt

geopod
02-27-2005, 07:00 PM
its pretty cool to see things spawning in tanks christy.I had a mass load of my spaghetti worms do the same thing and at first I didnt know what they were cause they didnt look like spaghetti worms.They looked like sticks until after the spawn they went back to their natural shape of a spaghetti worm and the spawning was done.

Marcus K
02-28-2005, 02:26 AM
Wow, that was really cool. Thanks for sharing.