PDA

View Full Version : RBTAnemone + powerhead = New prop technique?

albert_dao
02-03-2005, 08:40 AM
So yeah, this morning (well, or the middle of last night, whatever one prefers to call 3 AM) I noticed that one my my RBTA's was getting sucked into a powerhead. I tried to pry it out but only succeeded in mashing the thing into two pieces, one half stuck on the rock and the other still caught in the powerhead intake. So I, uhhhh, unplugged the powerhead (yes, AFTER the attempt to pry the thing out) and removed the other half. I was gonna toss them but they were both pretty decent sized so I decided instead to throw them into the fuge. I just looked in my tank now and noticed that both pieces have pretty much attached to some rubble and inflated, tentacles extended and all.

Does anyone have any experience with this kind of traumatic forced fission? Are things just temporarily looking bright? They haven't turned into deflated balls of mush in the last 10+ hours yet so I'm hopeful. Then again, even if they did, I still have 23423 of these things...

Delphinus
02-03-2005, 01:52 PM
Hey Albert

If memory serves, there are examples of forced splits like this. I can't remember where I've read it though, probably RC... but basically yes, it's supposedly possible to induce splits. Maybe it's an emergency survival strategy if a rock falls on it or something like that. Anyhow, good luck, although it sounds like they're probably going to pull through. Congrats on number 23424. :lol:

albert_dao
02-03-2005, 06:14 PM
Indeed, 30 some odd hours later and they still look good. I win... or lose, depending on how you look at it.

AJ_77
02-03-2005, 06:37 PM
Indeed, 30 some odd hours later and they still look good. I win... or lose, depending on how you look at it.
If I can help you by taking one off your hands Albert, just let me know.

:biggrin: seriously...

albert_dao
02-03-2005, 07:03 PM
Alright Allan, I'll let you know as soon as they heal up.

doch
02-08-2005, 05:45 PM
I'll jump on that wagon too! If you need a hand with depleting your population... let me know!

Ryan
02-08-2005, 05:50 PM
Ya im in also i got a few people with saltwater tanks looking for RBTA