PDA

View Full Version : WTB- Interceptor

bluetang
02-02-2005, 06:50 PM
Anyone got a little Interceptor left over from your red bug eratication? I need a little as I have a couple small acro frags with them on it. I want to kill this cycle before it gets out of hand.
Let me know
Thanks
Rob

Aquattro
02-02-2005, 11:42 PM
Rob, you want to buy a whole box. Remember, many frags you get will also have them, and you want to be able to treat new frags so as not to re-infect the tank.

bluetang
02-03-2005, 03:32 AM
Ah... I hear what your saying. When purchasing do they come with acurate instuctions for reef tank doseing? if not is there a link anywhere to the proper instuctions?

thanks'
Rob

fastfish
02-03-2005, 03:39 AM
Interceptor is used to treat dog's heartworm. But people just found it out that It could be used for reg bugs treatment. So, there is no instruction there because it is not for reef use. But you can always find it on the internet for clear instruction.

You need to have preceiption to get it but I found one on the interent without preceiption.

Willow
02-03-2005, 05:08 AM
when i lived in the states i just bought heartworm medication at the feed store. it was labeled for swine use on it and it was concentrated so we had to cut it down with glycerol. it is the same active ingredients as the stuff at the vets but cost about a 20th of the price. our greyhound chapter used to buy it in bulk as that’s all we could afford when you have 50+ dogs up for adoption. i would check at the feed store and see what they have.

Aquattro
02-03-2005, 06:02 AM
The detailed instructions are in the original thread on RC and RDO. You'll need to go to a compounding pharmacy to get it weighed (yellow pages for that one). This is not the same as over the counter meds, so please don't stray from the original instructions. Also, it's very important to do all three treatments, as most people that did one or two found the bugs persisted after a short while.
FYI, I can't recall aquiring any acro frag in the last year that did not have these bugs, so you really want to have some Interceptor on hand for quarantine dipping.

bluetang
02-03-2005, 01:50 PM
THanks for you help Brad and everyone else. I want to stop this cycle now before it gets out of hand.

Werbo
02-03-2005, 03:17 PM
Here's the post i found

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=324266

bluetang
02-03-2005, 03:25 PM
Thanks Ty