PDA

View Full Version : Small like feather duster

lily13a
02-01-2005, 02:54 AM
my tank has been infiltrated with small long worm like feather dusters growing on rock the heads get as big as a quarter. How do I get rid of them

02-01-2005, 03:25 AM
copperband

sumpfinfishe
02-01-2005, 06:30 AM
Those are a sign of a healthy reeftank, wanna get rid of them or keep them under control-get a six line wrasse.

chwkreefer
02-01-2005, 08:09 AM
My vote is for the copperband. I don't think the six line will do much damage to the feather dusters. I've never seen the sixlines eat those things, in my tank or my clients. The copperband will wipe em out in no time.

But be aware that copperbands don't necessarily stop there. Some like clams and other corals as well. Mine, after he promptly cleaned out the 1000 feather dusters started nipping on my clams and brain corals. He wiped out two brains and left the other two alone (go figure) He now has left the clams alone as well.

He has left the clam picking to a bicolor blenny in my tank. If he doesn't get with the program soon I'm going to seal him in one of his favorite holes with epoxy. At least that is how I deal with him in my dreams.