PDA

View Full Version : Clammy - A clam story

EmilyB
01-31-2005, 03:29 AM
I bought an ultragrade maxima in Vancouver a while back, and it was one of the only clams to attach immediately on a rock. Normally, my clams settle on the sand bed and attach to a cheerio or something....(long story).
I only have seven clams now because AJ steeled one. :razz:

Anyway, the loss of a ballast some time ago has left a third of my tank in darkness, and my biggest concern was this little fellow who was firmly attached in such a way I couldn't easily cut the byssal threads.

He's been getting browner and today I noticed he wasn't there :eek: Low and behold he was on his way to the light, but not in a bad way. He was in the sandbed in the light. :biggrin: :cool:

christyf5
01-31-2005, 03:36 AM
Packed his bags and headed for greener pastures eh? :razz: Cool! :mrgreen:

AJ_77
01-31-2005, 04:10 AM
That is too funny: "Oh not THAT one - we'd never get it off the rock!!"
Turns out it's the smart one. :mrgreen:

is his name Forrest?

AJ_77
01-31-2005, 05:02 AM
quick shot of the one that got away:

http://members.shaw.ca/AJ_77/jan05_crocea1.jpg

yup - ah done steeled it... :mrgreen:

Delphinus
01-31-2005, 05:04 AM
Wow... nice. Almost makes me want to throw some more money away on some. :frown:

sumpfinfishe
01-31-2005, 06:09 AM
Sounds like you have a real trooper there Deb :biggrin:

May I suugest staking down the rest so no one else can drop in and steal another :razz:

muck
01-31-2005, 06:21 AM
I bought an ultragrade maxima in Vancouver a while back, and it was one of the only clams to attach immediately on a rock. Normally, my clams settle on the sand bed and attach to a cheerio or something....(long story).
Haha Cheerio was right... funny stuff. :lol:

Glad to hear that the clam is heading for lighter pastures.. :cool: