PDA

View Full Version : Clown has a bulging eye

Mikey B
01-30-2005, 05:07 AM
Got home from the get together tonight and can see one of my clown's eyes is bulging a bit....kind of like Marty Feldman if you remember him.

Has anyone seen this before?....do I start "making arrangements"?

Mike

SeaHorse_Fanatic
01-30-2005, 05:26 AM
Marty Feldman. Yeah, I've seen him before. Looks sorta like your clownfish :lol: :lol:

Seriously, though, a bulging eye may be caused by many things. An abrasion from bumping into something or another fish whacking it. It could be bacterial in nature. What are your water parameters like & are any other fish acting or looking strange?

Anthony

Couldn't make it to the gathering. Ummmm, something about the Rockies in the winter.

Snappy
01-30-2005, 05:35 AM
Believe it or not there is actually a desease called pop-eye. There is medication you can get for it but you may want to give it some time as it might be just like Seahorse Fanatic said. I have had a few fish that had the Marty Feldman thing going on one day and then it was gone in a day or two.
Good Luck,
Greg

Mikey B
02-21-2005, 09:44 PM
Just a quick update...

About a week ago, the swollen eye started to go down and is now back to normal. I am pretty sure the injury was the result of an impact of some kind (black eye). He is an aggressive little bugger and might have missed his target and hit the wall when he went charging after one of the other clown fish.