PDA

View Full Version : Coral Skeletons

Cap'n
01-28-2005, 05:14 AM
We are building a bunch of different corals for a Disney show at work. The folks in charge were surprised and impressed that I had some of the corals in their pictures. I tried explaining that they are simply the remains of dead corals but that failed to curb their enthusiasm. (ooooooohh, aaaaaahhh :biggrin: ) So I was wondering if anyone else had some coral skeletons they could donate as artists reference material. Saturday at Jonathans would be a perfect time and place to give them to me.

Thanks,
Tim

EmilyB
01-28-2005, 05:45 AM
I have a very nice birdsnest frag I left on the fireplace once, it even retained its' color......any good to you? :smile:

Cap'n
01-29-2005, 12:42 AM
Perfect, Deb!

They are trying to do a good representation of lots of varieties but all we have to go off of at the shop are screenshots from "Nemo".

EmilyB
01-29-2005, 02:05 AM
Shall I bring it to the meeting?

G1GY
01-29-2005, 02:14 AM
Tim,

I guess you work F&D? :biggrin:

Bob I
01-29-2005, 02:21 AM
We are building a bunch of different corals for a Disney show at work. The folks in charge were surprised and impressed that I had some of the corals in their pictures. I tried explaining that they are simply the remains of dead corals but that failed to curb their enthusiasm. (ooooooohh, aaaaaahhh :biggrin: ) So I was wondering if anyone else had some coral skeletons they could donate as artists reference material. Saturday at Jonathans would be a perfect time and place to give them to me.

Thanks,
Tim

I will try to remember. I have quite a few digitata skeletons sitting around. :biggrin:

Cap'n
01-29-2005, 05:55 PM
Tim,

Yep, Fast & Dirty, that's the way it's been for me for getting close to a year now. You a past employee or know folks from there?

Deb, Bob, and others, bring them to the meet, they will definately be put to use. I am hesitant to "borrow" any pieces as I can't be sure I will be the sole person using them and cannot guarantee their safety. But if anyone has extras to donate it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim

G1GY
01-29-2005, 06:15 PM
Tim,

Yep, Fast & Dirty, that's the way it's been for me for getting close to a year now. You a past employee or know folks from there?

Thanks,
Tim

I used to work nights there.
Got to be too much with my daytime job and being there at night so I gave the F&D gig up. My buddy Kaz is still there on and off though.
It's a cool place. :biggrin: