PDA

View Full Version : Snowflake Moray

Coldwater
01-27-2005, 06:53 PM
I just bought one from J&L's yesterday :biggrin: . I am so happy :mrgreen: . When I first walked in I saw a baby Honeycomb moray. I would have bought it but they get a little to big for my parents liking. Then I saw a Ribbon Eel, Wartskin Anglerfish, Leafy Scorpionfish and a Fu Manchu liofish. The Ribbon eel was to hard to feed and my dad said no poisonous stuff. This was because we had to take the ferry and we didnt need anyone being poisoned :mad: . Then I saw the Snowflake moray I bought it right away. This is my third one :razz: . I am soooooo happy! I will try to post some pictures of it. :mrgreen: :razz: :mrgreen: :biggrin: :mrgreen:

Matt

SeaHorse_Fanatic
01-27-2005, 08:33 PM
Yup. Gotta love them Snowflakes. Best of the bunch (especially since I don't have the $$ for a golden dwarf or dragon moray). Beautifully marked, reasonably priced, generally available, and reef-safe (other than for your shrimps/inverts population).

Have fun watching yours. Mine loves krill.

Anthony

Coldwater
01-28-2005, 01:02 AM
Damn, I just walked into my room and he was half way across the floor :eek: ! I forgot about eel profing my tank. I was just wondering how anyone else eel proofs theirs? My other morays never did this so why is this one doing it? I am watching him veeery closely. :rolleyes: .

Matt

reefnut
01-28-2005, 01:14 AM
i too have a snowflake.he is the coolest fish yet.you say that you have three?are they all in one tank?i would like another one and am wondering if two would get along in my 72 gallon.as for escape attempts mine is only half grown so for now i just drop my water 6 inches and its worked so far(knock on wood).

Coldwater
01-28-2005, 01:26 AM
The other two are at my uncles :sad: .They are there because they take up too much room. I dont know if you could have two adults in an aqurium that size but two babies would definately work. Or they might not fight. Mine were like that. I dont think I can drop my water level that much though. Can I use a fine mesh to cover the openings?

Matt

reefnut
01-28-2005, 01:47 AM
ive heard other ppl using nylon mesh.i think when mine gets thicher im going to try glueing somr glass about 4-5 inches wide around the top of the tank like euro bracing and if thata does not work i will use eggcrate.