View Full Version : bulkhead strainers?

01-25-2005, 04:54 AM
does anyone use a bulkhead strainer before your return pump? does anyone know where i can get one to fit a 1" bulkhead?

01-25-2005, 05:01 AM
Yeah, you can use strainers. You can get them threaded or slip, depends on what you have. If you have a mismatch, just get a threaded to slip adapter.

01-25-2005, 05:17 AM
i have a treaded 1".. can i get these at HD?

01-25-2005, 05:29 AM
ok i lied, the inside of my bulkhead on the sump (inside) side is slip and treaded on the outside. i also looked all though the j&l site for bulkhead strainers and couldnt find them so i seach google and 4th link down is bloody j&l with a page of stainers! i think they need to fix that site. anyhow will a strainer lower my return capacity of the pump?

Canadian Man
01-25-2005, 06:26 AM
It's easy to find on J/L's site. You just have to know where to look :razz:

01-25-2005, 02:41 PM
Here ya go:


02-13-2005, 05:10 AM
just though id let you know that i went with a piece of gutter guard instead of a strainer. i just let the flow attach itself and it doesn’t seem to be loosing any flow, kudos to jeff at j&l.

somewhere there was another thread on hose clamps, damned if i can find it now. anyhow the two clamps i used on the flex hose over the sump are already getting pretty rusty after 2 weeks! crazy what a bit of salt can do to metal.