PDA

View Full Version : UniSeals

Bryan
01-22-2005, 06:54 PM
Anybody know where I can find UniSeals in the Lower Mainland.

http://www.aussieglobe.com/uniseal1.htm

kari
01-22-2005, 11:44 PM
Around here one can find them at the "U-Grow Tomatoes" :rainbow1: shops.

Bryan
01-23-2005, 12:27 AM
Gee, U-Grow Tomatoes in Alberta, the B.C. trend must be expanding...

kari
01-23-2005, 01:35 AM
So what are you planning to use them for? These fittings kind of wig me out with plumbing movement and possible leaks. If they work out for you there could be some savings since they were a lot cheaper then bulkhead fittings.

Bryan
01-23-2005, 06:30 AM
Wanted to use them on DIY Kalkreactor

Nemo
01-23-2005, 06:42 AM
I kinda think you would not want to cheap out on anything to do with water retention in your system. You only have to buy it once, just a thought but is it worth the risk?

Robert

mr_alberta
01-23-2005, 03:59 PM
I've used Uni-Seals before and they work great for things such as Skimmers and Reactors, etc. The nice thing about them too is that they conform to the acrylic tube so it becomes slightly rounded to match the curve of the tube (which makes it look so much cleaner).

If EuroReef and Deltec can use them, I say why can't I?! :mrgreen:

StirCrazy
01-23-2005, 04:29 PM
Wanted to use them on DIY Kalkreactor

depending on the set up that might be to much pressure for a unit seal. Ca reactors have a Little psi also I think I would only trust them on the dry parts of a skimmer until I see some papers on the designed pressure for them.

Steve

mr_alberta
01-23-2005, 04:34 PM
Here's the blurb on Aquatic Eco Systems about them:

Reduce costs! Why use an expensive bulkhead when you can use a Uniseal®? Just drill a hole in the pipe, tank or bucket, insert a Uniseal®, then put some Windex® on the end of the pipe and push it in. It’s that easy! Feel like rubber, but they are made of DuPont Alcryn® rated to 40 psi and warranted for 25 years. They are immune to cold, will not harden and hold pressure and vacuum. The sizes below correspond to standard Schedule 40 PVC pipe. Fit tank wall thicknesses up to 1/2". Made in USA.

StirCrazy
01-23-2005, 04:45 PM
so 40PSI, ok the only thing I woulden't use it on is a Ca reactor then. and the only reason is for safty if the CO2 regulator screwed up it would blow it out and your pump would fill the front room with water :mrgreen:

Steve

SuperFudge
01-30-2005, 04:20 PM
so 40PSI, ok the only thing I woulden't use it on is a Ca reactor then. and the only reason is for safty if the CO2 regulator screwed up it would blow it out and your pump would fill the front room with water :mrgreen:

Steve

Heh, At 40 Psi the uniseal may go....but the rest of your reactor would have been gone at 15 psi... :mrgreen:

StirCrazy
01-30-2005, 05:26 PM

Steve

Heh, At 40 Psi the uniseal may go....but the rest of your reactor would have been gone at 15 psi... :mrgreen:

you think so? I think I had mine at around 15 PSI once.. should be able to handle more than that with the glue joints easy.. hmmm maybe I will have to see if I can destruct a cylinder :mrgreen: I am guessing they will handle 40 PSI easy as we use acrylic cylinders at work in a control trainer and they have 32 PSI on them at all times.

Steve