PDA

View Full Version : Triggers with BTA's?

phreezee
01-19-2005, 10:43 PM
I've got a clown trigger and a huma huma triggers right now both under 5 inches, but I want to get a BTA. Just wondering if anyone has kept a BTA and a trigger together successfully. I've read that the triggers will eat the BTA. I know triggers are generally not reef safe, but I'm sticking with FOWLR with the exception of 1 BTA.

EmilyB
01-20-2005, 05:02 AM
I've got a clown trigger and a huma huma triggers right now both under 5 inches, but I want to get a BTA. Just wondering if anyone has kept a BTA and a trigger together successfully. I've read that the triggers will eat the BTA. I know triggers are generally not reef safe, but I'm sticking with FOWLR with the exception of 1 BTA.

Triggers do not eat BTA's IME. Nor do they really eat much coral. They do eat a lot of snails tho :mrgreen:

SeaHorse_Fanatic
01-20-2005, 08:18 AM
Most clown triggers I've seen, especially larger ones, are beautifully coloured & marked, but mean SOBs. 2 I've seen at LFS tried to attack shoppers through the glass. You can still see the scratches on the glass @ Coral Ocean.

JME

Anthony

phreezee
01-20-2005, 03:11 PM
LOL, I can relate to both replies! :lol: Thanks Emily.

1)The first day I got my clown trigger, he bit me 5 times! I named him Bitey!:lol: Now we're the best of friends, I feed him by hand and he never tries anything when I'm aquascaping.

2)The following week he ate about $30 worth of snails!

Anyone else out there with a clown trigger and a bubble tip anemone in the same tank?