PDA

View Full Version : P.M. notification

ree-fready
01-19-2005, 05:54 AM
Can someone tell me why the pop up box doesn`t come up when I log in that there is a P.M. in the inbox. Thanks

StirCrazy
01-19-2005, 12:58 PM
finaly some one else who has a broken pop up box :mrgreen:

Steve

IslandReefer
01-19-2005, 01:17 PM
I believe the last time someone asked this question, it turned out to be either the security settings in windows set to high or an added pop-up blocker.
Hope this helps

Willow
01-19-2005, 02:21 PM
i have a popup blocker built into my browser but it pulls a yellow bar down when it's blocked a popup so i know when ive missed one. i never get the yellow bar or the popup on this board when i get a pm so i also think it's broken.

Delphinus
01-19-2005, 03:15 PM
What browser are you using? Offhand I don't know what to suggest, you have the popup setting set to "yes" in your profile, and if popups aren't blocked for Canreef ... you should be getting it.

Willow
01-19-2005, 03:54 PM
i use firefox and "Pop up window on new Private Message" is set to yes.

i just checked and my game board which is also using phpbb and it doesn’t give me a notice on pm. i think it's a bug with the board.

Delphinus
01-19-2005, 05:40 PM
I don't think so... I use Firefox too, and I get the notifications. "www.canreef.com" is in my "Popups allowed" list. The other phpbb boards I frequent seem to work too, although I remember it was a bit of a pain getting each of them to work the first time.

Check Tools -> options -> "Allowed Site" (next to the "Block Popup Windows" check box, which is OK if it is checked).

Try that and see how it goes. If that doesn't work, let me know and we'll poke at this some more.

There IS a way to get it to work, I promise .. :lol:

Murminator
01-19-2005, 11:07 PM
When I first signed up it used to work now it doesn't :frown:

Delphinus
01-20-2005, 01:28 AM
I just checked by sending myself a PM and I promise you it worked.

I think it has to be either an ablock or popup blocking setting .. other than that .. Ok I have no ideas ... :confused:

Willow
01-20-2005, 06:28 AM
hmm i am running adblock, i wonder if thats it..

titus
01-20-2005, 09:23 AM
Hello,

I always get e-mail notifications of PMs and I always get pop ups as soon as I log in.

Titus

Delphinus
01-20-2005, 03:28 PM
hmm i am running adblock, i wonder if thats it..

Ahh... yes. This makes more sense.

I could not get popups on any board to work with adblock. In fact, adblock would interfere with picture viewing too (espescially boards that have an auto picture zoom-in if you hover the mouse pointer over the thumbnail). So I gave up on using adblock. Don't really need it anyhow, it seems.

Tarolisol
01-20-2005, 05:12 PM
Mine only pops up if im online when i get the message. Is this normal?

Murminator
01-21-2005, 04:45 AM
Hmmm last 3 days I got pm's today the only day it worked :confused: