PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Blue Zoanthus...

eposer
01-18-2005, 01:22 AM
I'm looking for blue zoanthus anywhere in canada, the brighter blue the better!

I'm also looking for any other vibrant color morphs that I don't already have.

If you have any frags for sale or know of somewhere that I can buy some then please let me know.

new, bigger tank in the works :biggrin:

Thanks,
Evan

Tarolisol
01-18-2005, 02:33 AM
You and everyone else.

eposer
01-18-2005, 03:18 AM
Yeah tell me about it :rolleyes: :lol:

I'm seriously contemplating placing an order from the US once I sell my car tomorrow :confused:

G1GY
01-18-2005, 03:29 AM
Yeah tell me about it :rolleyes: :lol:

I'm seriously contemplating placing an order from the US once I sell my car tomorrow :confused:

Better be a HUGE order or it won't be worth it. (From what I've been hearing anyhow.)

kuatto
01-18-2005, 03:31 AM
Its real hard to find real eye popping zoos other then green.Blue,purple and bright reds would be nice.

Bayside Corals
01-18-2005, 04:13 AM
I have a few blue zoo frags I'm growing out. If you send me your e-mail I can show you a pic of the mother colony.

Colby

eposer
01-18-2005, 04:21 AM
Colby, sent you a pm with my email. :biggrin:

It's also down below here on the button now...

Bayside Corals
01-18-2005, 05:02 AM
pics sent.

let me know what you think.

Colby

Willito
01-18-2005, 03:10 PM
First you sold your tank to pay for the car, and now you're selling your car to pay for the tank. What a vicious circle eh Evan? Glad to see you back tho. I know a source for those Zoa's you're looking for. PM.

Delphinus
01-18-2005, 03:44 PM
Zoanthids aren't on CITES. You should be able order some from the U.S. without too much hassle. Depends of course on what they're mounted on. Free floating or on frag plugs should be OK. But if on live rock then .. not OK. :smile:

eposer
01-18-2005, 03:50 PM
Yeah as long as they're not mounted on any rock then the're ok. It's the live rock that's CITES, I believe that even a small piece with a frag attached would still require a permit.

I'm still looking for somewhere to get decent number(and variety) of unmounted frags to make the shipping worth while.

Evan.

Bob I
01-18-2005, 04:16 PM
I'm looking for blue zoanthus anywhere in canada, the brighter blue the better!

I'm also looking for any other vibrant color morphs that I don't already have.

If you have any frags for sale or know of somewhere that I can buy some then please let me know.

new, bigger tank in the works :biggrin:

Thanks,
Evan

Do they have to be completely blue :question: . I have blue centred ones as you can see in my post in the frag discussion for the meeting. I do have other colorful ones, but I am still waiting for the best ones to grow out. :eek:

eposer
01-18-2005, 04:42 PM
Bob,

I'd missed that thread altogether somehow!

I'll take a frag of Zoo3 and one of Zoo10 if they're available.

I won't be able to make it to the meeting but if there's an evening that works for me to come and pick them up that would be great.

I also have frags of some actinic flourescent yellow zoanthus(which I got in vancouver over christmas) if you want to trade for one frag.

Thanks.

Bob I
01-18-2005, 05:08 PM
Bob,

I'd missed that thread altogether somehow!

I'll take a frag of Zoo3 and one of Zoo10 if they're available.

I won't be able to make it to the meeting but if there's an evening that works for me to come and pick them up that would be great.

I also have frags of some actinic flourescent yellow zoanthus(which I got in vancouver over christmas) if you want to trade for one frag.

Thanks.

I am home after seven PM. Yes a trade sounds good if I don't have it already. :biggrin:

Delphinus
01-18-2005, 06:18 PM
I believe that even a small piece with a frag attached would still require a permit.

Indeed. But something like a concrete/aragocrete plug (ie. something very obviously man made) should be totally fine.

nate_m
01-18-2005, 06:59 PM
The past few months I have been seriously contemplating importing corals from the US; although, most of the suppliers require a minimum $1000 (US) order before they will consider applying for the CITES. If we could get a group of Calgary reefers to get together to split an order, the cost wouldn't be all that bad. I have imported numerous animals in the past and the only problem is that CITES can take a long time for approval. The longest I have waited is 5 months, but on the other hand, I have also received aproval in as little as 1 week (this is shipping from US to Canada, not Canada to the US). It usually costs $25 for CITES and around $100 for a US Fish and Game officer to inspect the corals to ensure that they are all on the permit. Even if the species is not covered on CITES (for instance zooanthids) an officer still needs to inspect the package as a precaution. Even if you are bringing your pet dog on vacation with you to the US, they will still charge a fee. I believe this inspecion still costs around $100, but I have never shipped non-CITES protected species before. If there is anyone interested in splitting an order from the US, let me know and maybe we can put something together.

Nathan

Willito
01-18-2005, 09:36 PM
Which vendor in particular. I guess that will be one of the main critiria; for everyone whom are interested to agree on the one vendor/supplier. I would definately be in on the deal if we can get enough for a $1000.

What we need people to do, those who are interested, to reply to a new thread stating what livestock they are looking for. Someone then can gather all the requests and do a little search to find a supplier that can fulfill our needs. What do you think?

impreza
01-19-2005, 04:28 AM
I'd be down for some blue zoo's! Or any zoo's that are different than the color morphs available locally.

Tarolisol
01-19-2005, 06:29 AM
Id be in on the deal for sure. Ill be good for at least a hundred.

Nemain
01-19-2005, 06:21 PM
I would be in, although I am in edmonton. Would be more than happy to do pick ups for other edmontonians as well =)

Beth

Bob I
01-20-2005, 04:42 AM
I was considering asking Edmontonians if they wanted in. My only concern is that it adds greatly to the logistics, and it will probably take even longer. :eek: