PDA

View Full Version : size s of anemone's

Skimmerking
01-17-2005, 04:33 PM
I'm asking this so i don't high jack Doch's post.
I 'm doing my studying on what type of a small anemone's to put in my tank 62 gal 36x20x20. I'm going to be getting a pair of perc's and was considering a anemone of some type
or a hammer coral or a frog spawn.
what would you reffer's consider.

Or is this a bad idea, This wont be for a while where my tank os quite new and fresh..
mike

danny zubot
01-17-2005, 04:40 PM
I've never heard of someone trying to get clowns to host corals on purpose, its interesting. I don't think it matters what you give them, they'll host what they want in the end. Usually you want the oral disk of the anemone to be at least twice as big as the fish. The same should apply to the overall size of a coral. IMO. I have two anemones in my 54 gallon and both are about 4 inches.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
01-17-2005, 05:25 PM
My Long Tentacle Anemone is 14" when fully expanded (it's in a 33g :eek: ) but hopefully it'll have a bigger home soon. I've seen many RBTAs & BTAs in the tanks of fellow reefers that are 8-12" in diameter so be prepared that any anemone you put in your tank will probably grow if it is healthy & happy. LTAs especially don't seem as inclined to split as BTAs :sad:

JME

Anthony

Skimmerking
01-17-2005, 11:21 PM
Thanks Tony :lol: