PDA

View Full Version : predator tank eel fish fight..need fish help or a dentist.

monza
01-16-2005, 10:34 PM
In my 180 tank I have a gymnothorax ueppelliase eel sorry I don't have a common name. Just over a week or so I introduced a large Lunare Wrasse he darted straight for a pvc pipe behind some rock and run smack into my eel they had a battle for a couple of minutes in the pipe shaking the rock and pipe pretty hard. Then no movement for quite sometime. Next time I looked in the tank the wrasse had some bad cuts on his face and not looking very happy. I noticed what looked like injuries that I thought he might have got from running into my urchin, round holes with almost white heads coming out. My eel has not had much of an appetite since this and the wrasse is not doing so well. Today I had a good look in the eels mouth, he's missing and has a bunch of broken teeth. The teeth are stuck in the wrasses face!

Should I remove the wrasse and pull the teeth out with tweezers? Leave them hope that they'll fall out?
Do the eels teeth re-grow? Some of his teeth are broken and in his mouth sideways? Can I, should I do anything for him?

Dave

Thanks in advance, sorry for the long post.

danny zubot
01-17-2005, 05:08 PM
Post Pics! Post Pics!

Willow
01-17-2005, 05:12 PM
danger!

Quinn
01-17-2005, 07:47 PM
In my 180 tank I have a gymnothorax ueppelliase eel sorry I don't have a common name.

No problem at all Dave! :lol:

Beverly
01-17-2005, 07:55 PM
Dave,

Sorry that I have no constructive advice, but am wondering how your two fish are doing?

Coldwater
01-17-2005, 10:51 PM
You might want to try to remove the teeth but cacthing the fish is another problem. If you dont the cuts might get infected. Sorry to hear about that.

Matt

monza
01-17-2005, 11:14 PM
I think the eel will be okay just a bit of a sore mouth. The wrasse slowly seems to be looking better but I have not seen him eat.

I had some responses on Reef.org and I guess this happens. The eel’s teeth re-grow. The wrasse I'll leave for a bit longer and if I don't see some improvement in the next couple of days I'll take him out and put him in the hospital tank. At that point I'll decide if I'll pull the teeth out depending on how much he's thrashing about.

pics.. could be a bit tough the wrasse does a few quick laps then chills out under a rock. The eel has never been very willing to do much modeling. I’ll try.

Dave