PDA

View Full Version : frags wanted

sea gnome
03-19-2002, 09:40 PM
I am coming to the meeting on the weekend and I am looking for frags as I am now ready for inhabitants. Looking for easy care ones. Softies or sps. I have mh and vho lighting and was thinking of having sps at one end and softies at the others. I am also looking for sump plants. can anyone help?? Rachel

canadawest
03-19-2002, 10:25 PM
I'll have a couple frags of Xenia elongata as well as a couple Yellow Finger frags (Sinularia).

Other than that I'm fragless as I've been focusing on the babies the past couple months.

One_Divided
03-19-2002, 10:28 PM
Hey Rachel smile.gif

I definately wouldn't go for any sps corals at this point.. they require a mature tank and can be very picky about water chemistry. Your lighting is definatley adiquate, but start off slow and work your way up.

The general order of difficulty goes softies-lps-sps. Of course there are many exceptions.. Some leathers can be picky and in the case of sps Montipora digitata is a weed in almost any tank.

If I were you, I'd start off with some pulsating xenia and/or some star polyps. I have a ton to spare and I only live in Victoria.

See u on the way over. ;)

Aquattro
03-20-2002, 02:14 AM
Rachel, I'm moving next week and will be weeding the tank a bit. I have a couple of shrooms and a leather you can have. And a pesky tomato clown if you'd like!

Silverfish
03-21-2002, 10:32 PM
I have some pulsing xenia with your name all over it Rachel, if you would like some smile.gif

Oh ya, your reflector is done too.. finally :D

sea gnome
03-22-2002, 04:06 AM
Thanks, ok I hold off on the sps for now but the guys from Vic. I 'll take the offerings except the tomato clown as I am leery of adding any fish since my last outbreak of ich :( Rachel

sea gnome
03-22-2002, 11:16 PM
Hi Bruce , Yes and goodie respectively. I; ll give you a call. rachel