PDA

View Full Version : Yaa for yellow tail damsals

Seamonkey
01-16-2005, 03:10 AM
:biggrin: Been keeping track and it's been 7 months since deciding to try yellow tail damsals. Never had any luck with chromis. I wanted some nice blue color to the tank and was told at LFS that these were the least aggressive. To date, none have died and they are not the least bit aggressive to each other or the other tank mates. They look extremely cool swimmin around, and if anyone ever comments on fish in my reef, its usually about these guys, cause they look so nice swimming together. Thumbs up. I'll keep you posted.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
01-16-2005, 04:33 AM
I agree. Heard the same (re: ideal damsels) from some experienced reefers & Colin @ Coral Ocean. Got them to cycle my tank & love em. Nice splash of colour & movement without the aggressiveness of most damsel spp. or the shyness of chromis.

Anthony

Bob I
01-16-2005, 04:06 PM
I have tried that in three foot long tanks, but unfortunately I have never had any luck. The end results were always the same. One Damsel would get beat up and killed. Eventually there was always only one left. I do know of people with six foot long tanks who have success with more than one YT Damsel. I would like to hear from more people who have had luck in smaller tanks. :mrgreen:

Skimmerking
01-16-2005, 04:41 PM
I think people that cycle a tank with any fish is cruel. But that is my opinion. I' m not trying to start up a flame war here but i feel there is no need to put a fish or any sort of live stock thur that pain. I have read the damsels get agressive from the cycle.

mike :exclaim:

monza
01-16-2005, 04:41 PM
Ya they are nice fish. I had 12 and after a year now only 1, my eel loves them too! That last one is a bit quicker then the others. :eek:
Dave
edit...I just put my flame suit on.

Bob I
01-16-2005, 04:47 PM
Ya they are nice fish. I had 12 and after a year now only 1, my eel loves them too! That last one is a bit quicker then the others. :eek:
Dave
edit...I just put my flame suit on.
:BIG: :silly:

kuatto
01-16-2005, 04:52 PM
I've always had a love for Damsels.I had the chance to see the oceanarium(?) while in Guam,seeing very large schools of Damsels of all sorts.Its a real treat to see hundreds of them swimming in an out of large corals with all the color.

G1GY
01-16-2005, 04:54 PM
I think people that cycle a tank with any fish is cruel. But that is my opinion. I' m not trying to start up a flame war here but i feel there is no need to put a fish or any sort of live stock thur that pain. I have read the damsels get agressive from the cycle.

mike :exclaim:

If you have cycled with live rock or live sand your doing the exact same thing!

Just with different life forms. What's the difference?

Did you do your tank with water, sand and cycle additive only?

Skimmerking
01-16-2005, 09:51 PM
Yes ii used dead rock and sad and the cycle additive for 8 weeks and then i started to add live stock.

Fish are a little more life orientated then worms, :rolleyes:

mike