PDA

View Full Version : Instant Algae Canadian supplier?

Canadian Man
01-15-2005, 05:00 PM
As the title say's. Does anyone know where I can order this without going across the border?

Thanks in advance!

Bob I
01-15-2005, 06:00 PM
I actually never heard of it :redface: , can you tell me about it :question:

AndyL
01-15-2005, 06:05 PM
Instant algae? Isn't that Doo-E's tank sitting buisness?

:onfire:

Sorry Couldn't resist...

Andy

Bob I
01-15-2005, 06:07 PM
Yes now you are to blame if he or has alter ego "Ryan" shows up on the board again. :eek: :razz:

Canadian Man
01-15-2005, 07:16 PM
It's super concentrated Nannochloropsis oculata. I'm thinking of using it for my rotifer cultures instead of culturing phyto plankton or keeping it incase my phyto crashes.

All in the name of raising my clownfish fry! :rolleyes:

It's apparently availible only from the states. So expensive as it's shipped with FAST shipping.

www.instantalgae.com

Beverly
01-15-2005, 08:52 PM
Does Wendell have anything like that?

StirCrazy
01-15-2005, 09:02 PM
Instant algae? Isn't that Doo-E's tank sitting buisness?

:onfire:

Sorry Couldn't resist...

Andy

:eek: I almost spit my coffee when I read this :mrgreen:

Steve

Vagabond
01-15-2005, 09:24 PM
Jon,

My parents are heading down to Arizona next week for a week. If you can't find a Canadian supplier it may be possible to have it sent to the condo they are staying in and they could bring it back for you. I will likely be having some PC bulbs from Hellolights sent to them because they do not ship to Canada.

Let me know if you exhaust your possibilities from here.

Canadian Man
01-15-2005, 10:21 PM
I might have to take you up on that offer Scott.

Are they flying back? I ask because the stuff has to stay refrigerated to keep for anylength of time.

Thanks

Vagabond
01-15-2005, 10:50 PM
Yes, they are flying back :smile:

I believe they might even be coming in the day of the meet at your place, so if timing is right you get free courier service all the way to your door :cool:

Chin_Lee
01-16-2005, 01:45 AM
Jonathan
how about Tahitian blend? Jack/wendell sells it for pretty good price. it need to be kept frozen and comes out in thick drops. i use it for my rotifer culture that i feed quite heavily. one bottle has lasted me about 2 months and i still have about half bottle left. haven't seen instant algae before but from your description, it sounds exactly the same as tahitian blend. i have kept this last bottle out (accidentally) for about 8 hours one time, put it back in teh freeze and its still good. looking at the weather in the past week, it might be ok to ship if a few ice packs are used. But i'm sure u can get it locally in calgary as well.
hth
cwlee

Canadian Man
01-16-2005, 02:13 AM
I could not find any info on their site but I sent them a mail.

Is it a pure Nano product?

Chin_Lee
01-16-2005, 02:27 AM
I dont' know if its a pure nano product but it does the same thing as DT Phyto. of course the blend stuff its dead and frozen while dt is live. but my rotifers don't seem to notice the difference.
jack at OA use it for their rotifer culture as well.... pm him.

Canadian Man
01-16-2005, 06:59 AM
Thanks again! :cool:

Beverly
01-17-2005, 02:56 AM
Instant algae? Isn't that *name deleted* tank sitting buisness?

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!???!!! Mention that name once, just once!, and he's posting all over the place again :eek:

StirCrazy
01-17-2005, 02:57 AM
I am still trying to find out why some one wants to instantly add algae to there tank when everyone else is trying to get rid of the crap :mrgreen:

Steve