PDA

View Full Version : Hi All

jtreath
01-15-2005, 02:05 PM
Hi All:

Newbie to the board here. I am looking for a Place in Canada that I can buy some Macroalgae and/or Mangrove pods for my sump. My LFS does not carry either and have no plans to do so. I am not aware of any local Marine Club in Moncton or in New Brunswick at all.

I am suffering an algae and cyano outbreak and I need to increase my nutrient export.

Thanks all.

Doug
01-15-2005, 02:29 PM
:mrgreen:

WELCOME to CANREEF

Not sure where you can get it out there. Saltwater Connection in winnipeg sells various algaes and Jayson does ship that way. Not sure if thats what you wish to do.

Gools
01-15-2005, 03:07 PM
have you tried www.aquariacanada.com. There are also a few members from your area, I think. Oh and Welcome!

mrcopitr
01-15-2005, 05:55 PM
Hi,

Nice to see another reefer near by, I'm in Shediac, and I can understand your frustration trying to find reef related products at our local pet store, plus they are very ignorant about reef keeping.

Regarding your nutrient export, I personnaly have a 90 gal reef with quite a large bioload. In order to keep algae in order I have resorted to better skimming, phosban reactor (24/7) plus 20% water and carbon change every 2 weeks.

My water parameters are within range. my clown fish spawn on a regular basis (almost every 2 weeks), and my rose buble tip anemone has splited last week after being in my tank for less than 2 months. I still get the odd patch of hair algae from time to time, but the blenny takes care of it.

Hope it can be of help

Marco
Shediac, NB

rockworm
01-15-2005, 07:58 PM
As was mentioned earlier, there are others in your area and New Brunswick that are found on www.aquariacanada.com. They also have cheato macro. Check here: http://aquariacanada.com/osCommerce/default.php?cPath=2_131&osCsid=411bb70630f8c4a3dbee0c08ceccf4cf