PDA

View Full Version : Clownfish behavior

knghtryder
01-12-2005, 07:01 AM
hello,

my ocellarus clownfish seem to sleep right where my powerheads are when the lights are turned off at night. I havent had them for long maybe about a week or a little less. Are they just adjusting to the tank and will eventually sleep under rocks like other fish? Is there anyway I can get them to sleep under a rock or an anemone? I just put two small anemones in my tank.

Richer
01-12-2005, 12:36 PM
My clowns have been in my tank since September and one of them still occasionally sleeps on one particular powerhead in the tank... the other sleeps inside a colt coral. You just need to give your clowns a chance to adjust to your tank and hopefully over time they'll host something else in your tank.

-Rich

muck
01-12-2005, 02:01 PM
Both of my clowns sleep on the sand bed... :confused:

Murminator
01-12-2005, 02:37 PM
My clown sleeps on his side at the top between the heater and the heater cord :eek:

mr_alberta
01-12-2005, 03:59 PM
I wonder if they sleep in areas like that because they are warmer? When I first got my clowns back in the day, they both slept by the powerheads as well.

Delphinus
01-12-2005, 04:22 PM
Same here, before I kept anemones my first two percs slept behind powerheads. As soon as the lights turned off ... they'd swim up to the powerhead and snuggle in.

Even when they first "discovered" a BTA, they'd still sleep behind the powerhead. Eventually they abandoned the powerhead for the BTA though.

Bob I
01-12-2005, 04:40 PM
The logical answer would be this; Clownfish are going to sleep in a spot they think best. I think it would be very difficult to train them to sleep where you think is best. :biggrin:

Willow
01-12-2005, 04:42 PM
come to think of it i had a clown the slept ontop of a powerhead as well.. dang the kinda weird hey.

danny zubot
01-12-2005, 05:04 PM
Hence the name "clown" fish! :wink:

Nemo
01-12-2005, 11:18 PM
Well I am with everyone else my clowns sleep on the power heads as well they just switch power heads every once in a while

Robert