PDA

View Full Version : OT: Good AutoBody shops?

mr_alberta
01-11-2005, 03:16 PM
Anyone know of some good bodyshops around town? I got rear ended yesterday so now I'm looking for a good bodyshop. If anyone knows any, please let me know.

Thanks,
-Harvey

Richer
01-11-2005, 03:34 PM
I got rear ended last year and I went to an autobody place called Jim Young Collision Repairs. They did a really nice job on my car. They also fixed my parent's former ML430, and did a really good job on that too. FYI, Jim Young fixes a lot of nice cars (ie. Benz, BMW, etc.) and other people I've talked to like the place as well.

Hope you're ok. I know after I got hit, I was sore for a day.

-Rich

mr_alberta
01-11-2005, 03:45 PM
Hey Rich,

Thanks for the reply. We weren't going very fast, so the damage *should* be minimal. It the other person were driving a car and not a truck, I'd only have scratches on my bumper. Luckily both Dez and I are OK as well as the other driver.

I phoned my dealership and that's who they recommended as well! What was the turnaround time, do you know? How long did it take them to repair the vehicle?

muck
01-11-2005, 03:52 PM
What was the turnaround time, do you know? How long did it take them to repair the vehicle?
Good to hear everyone is ok. I think you would need to phone the Shop to see about turn-around time as Im sure it all depends on how busy they are at the moment.

michika
01-11-2005, 09:50 PM
It would be around half a day for a bumper replacement, maybe a day depending on their schedual.

mark
01-12-2005, 02:40 AM
It cost nothing to get quotes plus it's quick and easy. Most places now, you just drive up to the overhead doors, don't even go out it the cold

Been using R&S the last few times. Latest is one of the guys merged right without shoulder checking. Bust off the power mirror, scratch to the metal down most of the side (no crease luckily) and cracked the taillight on a 2003 Dodge MV. R&S will fix it up in a day for $1100. Had three other quotes 1100, 1200 and 1300.

michika
01-12-2005, 02:49 AM
Avoid the dealerships, if it isn't going through insurance they all as for a minimum of $95 an hour for a written estimate.

Reefhawk1
01-12-2005, 03:03 AM
Hey Harvey, Our mecahnical shop uses Cougar autobody. They do a very good job on our highway trucks and our daily drivers.

Stan

Snappy
01-13-2005, 12:12 AM
Generally speaking using the words good and bodyshop in the same sentence is an oxi-moron.
Good Luck

jgoldsney
01-20-2005, 03:15 PM
I would definetly reccomend you talk to Johnny at Glacier collision on the south side...He is awesome to deal with and any time I have had a concern he fixed it right away