PDA

View Full Version : BTA,s and fish

Doug
01-07-2005, 08:21 PM
Just wondering if any with larger or multiple BTA,s and smaller fish have had any problems.

I would hate to see my 3 yr. old mandarin end up in one. :eek:

Tarolisol
01-07-2005, 08:22 PM
I have a 6" or so RBTA with a small bicolor blenny with no problems the blennies even rubbed up aganst the rbta numberous times and has never gotten grabed.

Delphinus
01-07-2005, 10:01 PM
Never had an issue with BTA's taking down fish. I would think the fish would need to be seriously ill or already dead for the anemone to take it, even then probably questionable because in my experience they tend to only prefer a certain food size and most fish, even the smaller ones tend to be beyond that.

In my opinion the ones you really need to watch are the carpets. S. haddoni is a notorious fish-eater.

My S. gigantea does not appear to be as bad though. In fact my mandarin will sleep right in front of it. I was a bit concerned the first time I saw it but it seems a sleeping mandarin is pretty much ignored by everyone, must be that slime coat or something.

OCDP
01-07-2005, 10:24 PM
I have to agree with what you said about the Mandarin Delphinus ... mine will literally sleep on it.. not in... but on it's foot , underneath its tentacles... he's brave. I too have never encountered any problems... and I have 2 BTA's in a 20g lol... and I am pretty sure a live, healthy fish could probably squirm his way out of the grasp.. unless like Delphinus said.. it's ill or dead.

Doug
01-07-2005, 10:45 PM
Thanks for the reply,s guys.