PDA

View Full Version : BTA Split so soon...?

OCDP
01-05-2005, 05:41 PM
Well I got back from Maui (which was amazing) to a nice dirty tank... I guess my tank-sitter must have just simply fed them and left ... he also knocked out my stop time pin on my light timer... meaning (for however long it was out) the whtie lights were on 24/7 ... so that pretty much left me with a 20g box of algae. Got it all cleaned... took forever... end of story. As I was picking up a rock to clean it I felt a lot of mushy material under my hand... and to my suprise, it was a BTA clone! Thsi BTA has only been in my tank for a month.. maybe one month and a week .... I am wondering if there si anything I need to do for the BTA now? they look okay... the clone wandered around a lot.. but has now got comfy in a spot. They both ate shrimp last night, but are being kind of picky.

Any reasons as to why they split? Still new to the anemone thing and did not suspect a split to happen this soon! Especially with such a small BTA to begin with.

TIA,
Scott

Delphinus
01-05-2005, 05:59 PM
Simple answer is BTA's just do that from time to time..

Were there any fish in there? How'd they make out?

Welcome back, BTW. Do any diving or snorkeling? Got any pics?

OCDP
01-05-2005, 06:51 PM
Well then, simple as that ! :biggrin:

Yes.. there were fish in there when they split. And had you not said anything I wouldn't have thought the fish suffer through the process :sad: So far all fish are fine... the purple firefish is hiding (so I hope) and have not seen him once yet. I have done a big cleaning on the tank so if it did happen to not make it... I think I would have found him.

Yes I did go snorkeling... what a blast!! Man, I am honestly going to move to Hawaii one day... and you can all hold me to that. It's just paradise each and every day. Although to live there, you gotta make fairly good money! I took pictures (obviously) but I forgot to get an under-water camera! So I do not have any underwater shots... but I do have pictures of Hawaii. I'll post some tonight for you all!

Thanks!
Scott

Delphinus
01-05-2005, 08:10 PM
Sorry for not being clear - actually I meant from having the lights on 24x7 about the fish, not the split (that wouldn't bother fish). Some fish are very sensitive to photoperiod. Wrasses and tangs, at least in my experience, tend to be very tuned to the lights-on / lights-off cycle.