PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Fighting Clownfish! AHHHH!!

fortheloveofcrabs
01-05-2005, 02:50 AM
Hey all,

I just got 2 O-Clows on Sunday and a red-bubble tip anenome. The three of them have been getting along great up until about an hour, when all of a sudden, the two clowns started fighting with eachother. Mostly in the anenome, but basically all over the tank. I tried to break it up with a net, but they would go right back at it as soon as I took the net out. I took one clown out of the tank for fear of one of their lives. He is in a breeder box in the tank right now. What do I do?!

HELP!!!

Thanks in advance.

-Pauli

Keen
01-05-2005, 04:41 AM
Hey all,

I just got 2 O-Clows on Sunday and a red-bubble tip anenome. The three of them have been getting along great up until about an hour, when all of a sudden, the two clowns started fighting with eachother. Mostly in the anenome, but basically all over the tank. I tried to break it up with a net, but they would go right back at it as soon as I took the net out. I took one clown out of the tank for fear of one of their lives. He is in a breeder box in the tank right now. What do I do?!

HELP!!!

Thanks in advance.

-Pauli
well i know one solution could be to get another anenome. then they might stop fighting. you never know though

Richer
01-05-2005, 04:57 AM
I think one of your clowns are just trying to establish its dominance over the other one. Over time, the fighting should hopefully calm down. My clowns fought quite a bit when I first got them, much like you how described. Its been a few months and the fights have turned into occassional squabbles.

-Rich

mr_alberta
01-05-2005, 06:26 AM
Having 3 clowns in a small tank may cause problems for the weakest one. The other two may form a pair and just kill off the 3rd. They aren't all around the same size are they?

G1GY
01-05-2005, 09:40 AM
Having 3 clowns in a small tank may cause problems for the weakest one. The other two may form a pair and just kill off the 3rd. They aren't all around the same size are they?

I think he meant 2 clowns and a BTA when he said "the three of them".

KrazyKuch
01-05-2005, 10:47 PM
We Have 2 and the fought over the BTA but we just left them be and they stopped and now they actually both share the BTA because it is so damn big!!!

Quinn
01-05-2005, 11:04 PM
As Richer said, likely just fighting for dominance. You can't send them for counseling or ask them to settle it with a good ol' fashioned thumb war so I'd just leave them be and see what happens.

fortheloveofcrabs
01-07-2005, 06:28 AM
Thanks guys. They are still going at it, even as I type this. I will just hope for the best.

-Pauli