PDA

View Full Version : Formula 1 and formula 2 Fish food

Azilla
01-04-2005, 07:54 PM
Well i use formula 1 flaked food since i started my tank. My problem is i have to always order the food. Now I ordered 2 formula 1 from JL and got it in the mail today but i opened it up and there was 2 formula 2 inside.
Is this food better then 1???? or is it equal?

IslandReefer
01-05-2005, 11:25 AM
From the J&l website:
Formula1:
Description: Fresh seafoods and algae make this a gourmet natural food for all marine tropicals.......... Excellent for Clownfish and most other marine and freshwater tropical fish.
Crude Protein (min) 49.1%, Crude Fat (min) 11.3%, Crude Fiber (max) 2.4%, Moisture (max) 8%.
Formula2:
Description: Extra Algae with fresh seafoods make this a gourmet natural food for herbivorous marine and freshwater fishes. .......excellent for Surgeonfish, Angelfish, Butterfly-fish, African Cichlids, Plecostomus and other algae eaters.
Crude Protein (min) 46.7%, Crude Fat (min) 9.4%, Crude Fiber (max) 3.1%, Ash (max) 7.5%, Moisture (max) 8%.

as you can see the make up is similar with the formula 2 having more greens and slightly less proteinand formula1 more "meaty"
FWTW: I use Formula2 pellets for my Tangs etc and mixed flake or formula 1 for the clowns, wrasse etc.

Invigor
01-05-2005, 03:05 PM
i feed formula 1, formula 2 and prime reef

my tang goes nuts for everything whereas only the clown and the tang go for the formula 2, the prime reef is eaten by all but they seem to have a "oh well, it's food" attitude towards it.

I'm sure it's good variety for them to have all three, but they definately like formula 1 the best. I also treat with mysis when I remember