PDA

View Full Version : Water Buckets

IrishReefer
01-04-2005, 11:50 AM
Hi all,
I am moving house at the weekend and have a small tank to move. I need to find some water barrels - I asked to borrow some at AI yesterday but they have just thrown out a load :sad: Does anyone know where I can get these? I have had a look at the Home Depot and Rona sites and can't find anything that would do the job.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Brian

Beverly
01-04-2005, 12:53 PM
Rona has 5g pails and we have used them for our tanks. Lids are priced separately, I believe.

Richer
01-04-2005, 03:21 PM
I have two rubbermaid tubs you can have. I used them once to temporarly store LR, but don't have a use for them anymore. Nothing else has been stored in them. I can bring them over to your house on the weekend if you'd like.

-Rich

IrishReefer
01-05-2005, 03:13 AM
Thanks Bev - I'll give them a go....and I still have your zoo container - I haven't forgotten! I hope you are both well and Happy New year to you.

Rich - thanks for your very kind offer. I don't want to put you out so I'll try and get something sorted - if not it would be great if I could give you a shout. Thanks for that.

I will kep you posted about my liquid retention problem... :biggrin:

Brian

mr_alberta
01-05-2005, 06:30 AM
You can go to home depot and pick up a rubbermaid "Brute" trash can. They are pretty big (~30G).

kuatto
01-05-2005, 01:54 PM
Brian
I've got a couple of salt buckets and a large plastic tub you can borrow.Don't know if that will be enough for you,how big is the tank?

IrishReefer
01-06-2005, 03:34 PM
Thanks for your replies - The problem is solved. I bought a 30gal trash can from Canadian Tire for $9. It is only a 45 gal tank and I am only moving about 5 mins drive up the road so the water shouldn't be in there for too long.

Thanks for all the offers... I'll let you know how I get on!

Cheers,

Brian