PDA

View Full Version : Tube WOrm......

Azilla
01-02-2005, 10:22 PM
Hey guys well late last night i was looking into my tank and looked into a cave with my flashlight to see a large worm creature. Its in a hard shell the size of a pencil. In the end i can see he has a red head and has about 30 or so long thin tenticles going across the sand bed. When the light hits him he sucks all the tenticles in. the spread out about 4inchs or so. Any idea what this could be?

danny zubot
01-03-2005, 06:52 AM
Do you have any pics by chance?

Rikko
01-03-2005, 06:08 PM
Tube worm/feather duster as you've already guessed. Without a photo it's impossible to make a positive ID.
I assume you didn't purchase this worm and nobody "surprised" you by buying it for you and putting it in the tank? If that was a hitchhiker or grew that big off your LR I'm quite impressed. If that's the case, your best bet w/o a photo is to look at tube worms commonly found in the country where your LR came from and see if you make any good matches.

Azilla
01-04-2005, 01:49 AM
ok here is the worm. Now i see the path it made it came from the little green star rock i have. This worm is in a selfmade hard tube and has a bright orange head. the tenticles are real long and he fans them out at night over the sandbed. I will get a night shot tonight since i moved it into the opened.

www.nintendocrew.com/coral/worm.JPG

danny zubot
01-04-2005, 02:36 PM
You are lucky! The most I ever get are the brown tubes or the occasional red one that never grow very big.