PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY!

soriano
01-02-2005, 03:18 PM
Hey there!
Man... I was wondering if there was a winnipeg or manitoba reef discussion board.

New to the hobby and new to the board so pls be patient with some of the newbie questions.... :)

Glad to have found you guys!

Doug
01-02-2005, 05:11 PM
Glad to have found you guys!

Glad to have you here on Canreef and the Manitoba forum.

WELCOME :mrgreen:

littlesilvermax
01-02-2005, 10:57 PM
soriano do you have a reef tank? How long have you kept saltwater? Details on your system, do tell.

WELCOME

soriano
01-03-2005, 02:53 AM
Well, i just started... I only have a 90g tank, sump, few pounds of LR, 2 clowns and sailfin blenny.

Given the cost (as you all know) i'm taking it a little slower than others.
(I still haven't found a way to 'siphon' the funds from the joint account... without the other half finding out how much i'm actually spending....LOL.

How about you?

Shy_Koi
01-05-2005, 03:24 PM
I still haven't found a way to 'siphon' the funds from the joint account... without the other half finding out how much i'm actually spending....LOL.

Hi Soriano,
There really ought to be a reefing 101 course, that teaches just how to do that! :mrgreen:
Good to see more Manitobans...
~Tamara

predator
01-06-2005, 05:32 PM
Just tell them your saving up for something really nice for them. When they ask where it is just tell them your still saving. Should buy you at least a year, if all goes well they will forget all about it. :biggrin:

Arminkropp
01-08-2005, 04:46 AM
something I saw on www.reef-aquarium.net

Top Ten Ways to Sneak in Your New Purchase Without Your Spouse Knowing

Have the store send your purchase with a card/note from the store owner that reads: "Please accept this gift as a token of our recognition for your patronage with us. Sincerely, The Owner"

Bring the catch of the day home in your lunch box.

Turn the lights out on the tank when you introduce your new arrival and tell your spouse that the metal halides blew the circuit yet again

When she's in the room but hasn't seen it yet, exclaim "LOOK WHAT GREW OUT OF THAT ROCK!!!"

Spend several evenings in your shop cutting, gluing, and sanding various pieces of plastic prior to taking delivery of the new skimmer (or whatever). After delivery, emerge from the shop proudly displaying your new skimmer (removing manufacturers decals is highly recommended).

Don't you remember? This was that sick looking coral that I brought down to the fish store a while ago so they could medicate it for me. See? All better now!

Give her a tank as a gift! When you buy new things for the tank tell her you just want her tank to work well.

Visit your LFS on the same night as your reef club meeting, and when you get home tell her you traded a little piece of Xenia for that 14 inch purple and blue table acropora.

Buy as many supplies as you can at the home center, that way the charge card statement is void of mail-order and LFS purchases.

Honey, those little halides are much, much cheaper than those pricey fluorescent ones.

soriano
01-08-2005, 10:56 AM
LOL!
Defininately helpful... I think i may just have use some of those.

Shy_Koi
01-08-2005, 02:08 PM
:lol: I've already used ideas #2, #4 & #5 :mrgreen:

~Tamara