PDA

View Full Version : Skimmer Question

danny zubot
12-31-2004, 04:15 PM
Has anyone noticed a change in foam condistancy in their skimmers at different times of day? Mine seems to be wet at night but when I come home from work it is foaming a nice and dry. Is PH a factor?

StirCrazy
12-31-2004, 05:10 PM
now that the pandemonium is over at my house I am going to do a comparison between different air inducers, this will include a Beckett, a venturi (mazzei) and a different thing I bought. Air stones will defiantly put out the most air depending on the pump you use but that is an additional cost in its self.

Steve

danny zubot
12-31-2004, 05:36 PM
What do you mean by "defiantly" put out the most air? Share your design please! :mrgreen:

StirCrazy
12-31-2004, 07:46 PM
What do you mean by "defiantly" put out the most air? Share your design please! :mrgreen:

a Beckett will only draw so much air, you can hook a large air pump to air stones and the only limiting factor is the # of air stones and the size of the air pump. to get more air with the others you have to add a new unit which also means increasing your actual water flow which can max out your pump and outlet of the skimmer.

Steve