PDA

View Full Version : Panoramic tank shots

Chin_Lee
12-30-2004, 06:08 AM
Well i've been playing around with panoramic tank shots and Photostitching them. I too pics of both sides of my tank and these are the best that I can get. Those damn fish that keep swimming gets cut off at the merge points and yes.... i should turn off my TV when I'm taking these photos.
This is of the left side:
http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/236fullleft4b.jpg

And this is of the right side:

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/236fullright4b.jpg

Aquattro
12-30-2004, 06:21 AM
good shots!!

StirCrazy
12-30-2004, 03:24 PM
looks nice.

Steve

danny zubot
12-30-2004, 03:46 PM
Nice pics Chin! Thats a really cool chink of live rock on the left side of the tank.

wayner
12-31-2004, 02:23 AM
I like, very nice, how's that Sohal Behaving?, like to see a close up of him if you get a chance, how big is he?

Chin_Lee
12-31-2004, 06:12 AM
I like, very nice, how's that Sohal Behaving?, like to see a close up of him if you get a chance, how big is he?
Sohal is doing very well. Started eating this dehydrated algae that koreans make soup from. when put in water, it puffs back to its original form. The Sohal and purple tang have been eating about a 2x6 piece of this algae everyday for the past week. I still see them squabble here and there as the sohal is gaining confidence to claim dominance in the tank but the purple still keeps it in check. they are both about the same size but the purple is slightly bigger. I'll try to take a closeup later.

I need to find a balance to remove the white glare on the rocks to get the true colors out. Lots of white glare from the sand.

I say about 60% of the lr is from Mason (son of skyline) when he took his tank down and yes that piece on the left side is very nice. I believe its an old piece of a table top acro that I've turned on its side.

sumpfinfishe
01-03-2005, 10:46 PM
Nice work Chin :exclaim:
I'm gonna try some stiching in the new year, that is if I can get the fish to hold still for a few secs :mrgreen:

Delphinus
01-03-2005, 10:48 PM
Nah Rich don't bother waiting for them to sit still, it's an easy way to double your fish population without any negative impacts.

sumpfinfishe
01-03-2005, 11:03 PM
Good idea Tony!
I will try it at feeding time :lol:

Willito
01-07-2005, 02:38 AM
Nice stitch job! Too bad the fish had to spoil it. It shows that you have two Sohal's and two firefish. :biggrin: ...nice none the less.

Chin_Lee
01-07-2005, 02:46 AM
Nice stitch job! Too bad the fish had to spoil it. It shows that you have two Sohal's and two firefish. :biggrin: ...nice none the less.
I do have 2 firefish, but only one sohal and half a chromis :biggrin: