Have any of you used this?
What do you think of it?
What kind of results did you get?
Is there a down side?

Thanks

Robert

Tarolisol
12-30-2004, 04:22 AM
Im going to tag along on this one. I am thinking about plankton as well.

megatron_55
12-30-2004, 06:35 AM
Well I'm prolly the one that suggested DT's phytoplankton. Let me break it down for you . . in order for your corals and invertibrates to THRIVE they need food! As you all know many corals don't eat mysis or brine shrimp (its way to big of a meal for certain corals)! Many corals and invertibrates are filter feeders (eat whats floating in the water) and photosynthetic. Phytoplankton basically provides them with microscopic food that they can and will eat. But hey I found this new product today called LIQUID LIFE marine bio plankton (cyclopeeze)! Awesome product . . you can actually see the cyclopeeze floating in the water!! one more thing . .ask yourself a question . . "Have I ever fed my . . . Brain coral, daisy polyps ,anthelia, zooanthids, feather duster etc . .??" Exactly . . plankton is their source of food. SoRrY for the long comment but hope its helpful =)

SeaHorse_Fanatic
12-30-2004, 07:02 AM
I feed my corals rotifers with some Tahitian blend phytoplankton (from OA) & they seem to really like it. I feed the rotifers first with the Tahitian & then a few minutes later turkey baste some of the mix into my tanks. For the brain/bubble/elegance corals, I feed a mix of brine & mysis mostly (the small Hikari ones). For the zoos I squirt in some of the defrost mixture full of little bits. I just got some scallop (don't tell the wife) for my anemones & green bubbles (chopped up fine & placed gently on the feeding tentacles).

Anthony

Rikko
12-30-2004, 08:01 AM
I've heard nothing but rave reviews for the frozen Cyclopeeze. I'd like to try it out some day but haven't seen it locally.

Depending on how large your coral:fish ratio is, your food will vary. I only have a small amount of LPS and several fish, so thus far I've been getting by by just not rinsing my frozen foods before I feed them and squirting the mixed packwater/tank water over the polyps. They definitely respond to the feeding but at this point I can't really say conclusively if it's too much or enough. Time and algae will tell I suppose. :D

danny zubot
12-30-2004, 03:00 PM
I've never used specialized coral food. My corals get fed everytime I feed my fish. The micro particles from frozen foods seems to be enough to make many types of corals thrive in my tank. Just my 2 cents.

Bob I
12-30-2004, 06:45 PM
I have never felt the need to feed any of my soft corals. In general soft corals already grow too fast for me. :biggrin: