PDA

View Full Version : Garbage cans

Corey
12-29-2004, 10:01 PM
Ive looked everywhere locally for food safe garbage cans ie. Brute, where do I find them? anyone know? Ive looked at Rona, Canadian Tire Pioneer, and all the local hardware stores and still cant find anything but Rubbermaid.

Veng68
12-30-2004, 12:04 AM
I don't know where to get them but the "Brute" name is one of rubbermaids brands.

http://www.rcpworksmarter.com/rcp/products/searchresults.jsp?search=brute

Cheers,
Vic [veng68]

smokinreefer
12-30-2004, 02:39 AM
at one point i researched the "food safe" cans...
there was a certain "marking" system on them that would distinguish which ones were safe, i dont remember off hand what the codes were, what i ended up with is a greyish rubbermaid garbage can with a lid and wheels from HomeDepot. i believe it cost 15-25 bucks.

HTH.

Veng68
12-30-2004, 06:43 AM
at one point i researched the "food safe" cans...
there was a certain "marking" system on them that would distinguish which ones were safe, i dont remember off hand what the codes were, what i ended up with is a greyish rubbermaid garbage can with a lid and wheels from HomeDepot. i believe it cost 15-25 bucks.

HTH.

How well do this garbage cans hold water? I don't know if I would trust that full of water. But then I don't have any experience with them.

Cheers,
Vic [veng68]

smokinreefer
12-30-2004, 07:10 AM
well i have been using it for i dunno, at least 2 years now.
gets filled pretty much to the top, ~30 gallons, at least every week.
and gets rolled down the hallway from the washroom where my RO is, up to where the tank is.

Jason McK
12-30-2004, 03:45 PM
I was able to purchase food grade 10G and 20G containers from a Wine Making store RJ Spagnols Vancouver 1325 Derwent Way Delta, British Columbia V3M 5V9

Jason

Tom R
12-31-2004, 12:10 AM
I purchased 50 gallon food grade drums from Surrey Plastic Shop. They are on 132 and 78th in Surrey. They are great for water storage.

Tom R

Veng68
12-31-2004, 09:43 AM
I've never tried them but I know they have food safe barrels

http://www.ippnet.com/index_tree.php

Cheers,
Vic [veng68]

smokinreefer
12-31-2004, 02:23 PM
yeah, i guess you have different options depending on what your water needs are...

for me, the garbage can is perfect, cuz i use a rubbermaid tub that is about the same size, ~35 gallons as my top off resevoir.

so i can fill a garbage can full of water, cart it over to the resevoir, pump all the water over, and that'll last me about a week. :mrgreen:

Willow
01-08-2005, 03:07 AM
I purchased 50 gallon food grade drums from Surrey Plastic Shop. They are on 132 and 78th in Surrey. They are great for water storage.

Tom R

do you remember what you paid out of curiosity?

also surrey plastics used to be an industrial plastics francise at one point but the are waaaaaay cheaper now. i had some fiberglass quoted for a door a ipp ($170) and called surrey and got it for $70!