PDA

View Full Version : Kessil randomly shutting down

Dearth
10-26-2019, 11:54 PM
I’ve searched the net extensively about this but aside from cleaning my lights I haven’t found a solution

I bought 3 used Kessil a360 tuna blue lights just over 18 months ago. All was good until about three weeks ago when one of my lights just randomly started to shut down unplugging the power source and plugging it back in seems to work but it lasts anywhere from a few hours to a couple of days before shutting down again.

One of my three lights failed a few months after getting it (power source fried)

I pull the lights apart every three months and clean them with compressed air (best practise from several sources)

When the light shuts off the body is not hot the fan is working and the cooling fins are clear generally restarts after pulling and plugging power source back in

So my question for those who have Kessil lights is do you have any solutions other than what I have been doing already?

hfp75
10-27-2019, 03:56 PM
I had a kessil 360 do this, i talked to the kessil techs and its the main board shorting out.... it will get worse with time....

I still have my light but dont use it

I love the 360 lights but ive had a bunch implode and think the design is somehow flawed....

If you need a part for a 360 let me know

:-)

Ken
11-03-2019, 07:18 AM
Hi, I have the same problem with my kessil 360 similar to yours, it will shut down then I would unplug them, then wait few minutes & plugged them back on they will light up again, this will go on & on. I've done the fan clean out etc, I suspect for you even the fan still works, it may now be fast enough to cool the heat sink. My solution was to install small fans aim directly at the heat sink, this has worked for me for years. My kessils were only 1-2 years old when this started, very disappointing for such an expensive light, now the newer ones are even more expensive, don't know if it is worth buying. regards ken