PDA

View Full Version : How's everyone's new Christmas/Boxing Day purchases?

SeaHorse_Fanatic
12-29-2004, 06:50 AM
Just wondering how all the new fish/corals/inverts are doing for everybody who also went crazy this past shopping season? In other words, is everything still alive & thriving or have you suffered any sudden declines & deaths.

Of the many corals/clams/fish I bought, lost a small purple tang [AquaFan](healthy in the morning, icky when I came back from Boxing Day shopping & disappeared by that same night). :cry: I also lost a yellow sun coral [Coral Ocean] that started to decline the day after I brought it home. :cry:

Otherwise, all my additions are doing fine (knock on wood) :biggrin:

I was going to poll who spent way too much on their addiction but I think I already know the answer (pretty much everyone) :rolleyes:

Beverly
12-29-2004, 01:46 PM
Didn't buy anything during the Boxing Day sales. Don't intend to either as they would most likely be impulse rather than well researched purchases.

danny zubot
12-29-2004, 02:58 PM
I took advantage of sales at Big Al's on Boxing Day. I ended up with a bucket of salt and carbon. Then went over to Gold's to buy a shiny new clam as well as an RBTA. Total value of all purchases.....$63.00.

Not bad at all! :biggrin:

Bob I
12-29-2004, 03:53 PM
I bought a bucket of salt, and an Orange Starfish at BA's for around $50.00. Then went to Gold Aquariums with Ross to pick up an awesome RBTA. Since we bought two the price was $22.50. Pretty good I would say, as RBTA's were going for $200.00 a year ago. :biggrin:

Griffin
12-29-2004, 04:15 PM
I had to buy something - my girlfriend handed me a $80 gift card for J&l on x-mas morning so why not save alittle $$$ - That was gone in no time with the purchase of bubble coral, green tip frogspawn, elegant coral, yellow tang, couple of blue tuxedo's, 2 feather dusters, bucket of salt ,couple spare pc bulbs and some chemicals that i was running low on. The trip cost me an extra $150 (on top of the $80) but that was after the 25 - 30% off (girlfriend said i could have saved 100% if i left my wallet at home). All is doing excellent except the tang - didn't make it but i sure that is due to being bullied and beat up. All in all i personally had a great day. On to the new year now.

Cheers everyone
Rich

Tarolisol
12-29-2004, 04:46 PM
Hey danny did you buy the clam on boxing day at golds. One of the two left? Because if you did i bought the other one :biggrin:

G1GY
12-29-2004, 05:02 PM
I picked up 2 of those nice RBTA's to go with my 2 GBTA's! Great deal! :biggrin:

G1GY
12-29-2004, 05:03 PM
Double post, sorry. :redface:

danny zubot
12-29-2004, 05:33 PM
Sean said:Hey danny did you buy the clam on boxing day at golds. One of the two left? Because if you did i bought the other one

Yes that was me. Funny how many Canreefers are out their that we run into and dont even know it! How is you clam doing? I've moved mine a couple of times to try and find the best spot for it. My copperband seems to harass it a bit, so it hasn't opened up fully yet.

Tarolisol
12-29-2004, 07:33 PM
Mine great the first place i put him it seemed to like, its attached itself to the rock and has been upen wide the whole time. The RBTA is touching it a bit now but the clam doesnt seem to care.

EmilyB
12-29-2004, 08:46 PM
I got some fish food.... :frown:

But now that you guys are broke, I am SO going to score on the next shipments... :lol: :mrgreen:

danny zubot
12-29-2004, 08:49 PM
Broke!!!! I don't have room left in my tank any way :eek: