PDA

View Full Version : White crab!

Azilla
12-28-2004, 09:13 PM
I was lookin in my tank and saw a totally white crab with black claws. was the size of a quarter. i went to grab him witht the net but he got away. Little while later he came back out. Now should i just put somthin in there and crush him or do u think he is ok???

bluetang
12-28-2004, 09:19 PM
Do you have SPS corals? I've seen many SPS/Acro crabs just like the one you are explaining? Harmless if that is what it is.. Try to get a pic if you can.

Azilla
12-29-2004, 05:40 AM
Ill try to get a pic but its hard since its at night. Anyone have a good way to take night time pics

Tarolisol
12-29-2004, 06:39 AM
Ill try to get a pic but its hard since its at night. Anyone have a good way to take night time pics

With a flash, or by turning the lights on :mrgreen:

StirCrazy
12-29-2004, 03:11 PM
I've seen many SPS/Acro crabs just like the one you are explaining? Harmless if that is what it is.. Try to get a pic if you can.

a key identifier for the acro crabs is white with a black mask like Zorro and shiny smooth.. no hair.

Azilla
12-31-2004, 09:54 PM
well for the last few nights i watched him in his hole he keeps puttin snail shells in his doorway. I had a pair of tweezers and grabbed him but he pulled away so today i took the rock out and jabbed a mettal rod into the holes then put the rock in my sump since this crab was killin my snails.