PDA

View Full Version : Newbie to SW in Calgary! Hello!

vertex
12-28-2004, 05:56 AM
Hi everyone, thought I'd say hello here on this forum as I've recently got into SW and am interested in hearing and reading more about local reefers club and SW keeping. I've done FW for years and wanted to finally try my hand in SW, I've started small with just a 33G, Protein skimmer, good H20 circulation, LR and a coralife 192W PC fixture to get some corals in a simple reef tank underway. Looking forward to learning more about everything SW and keeping more livestock and corals.

So, hello to all and thanks for the great forum and info I've already found and read here!!!

Mike

Canadian Man
12-28-2004, 06:30 AM
Welcome Mike!
Glad so see another has joined. If you have any questions, as you all ready know, canreef is a wealth of info and the people on here are great!

Cheers :biggrin:

vertex
12-28-2004, 03:49 PM
Thanks Jonathan... Ya, it seems like there is a great group of reefers here in Calgary. Looking forward to talking to more of you. Especially when I have some questions... hehe :)

Tarolisol
12-28-2004, 08:55 PM
Welcome, to my second home. I hope you have as much fun here as i do. :mrgreen:

danny zubot
12-31-2004, 03:10 PM
Welcome Mike! Your setup already kicks ##s on what I started with. I had no skimmer and 40 watts of NO light on my first tank. :frown: Good luck! :smile:

andestang
12-31-2004, 04:23 PM
Welcome :cool: Looks like your off to a good start