PDA

View Full Version : newts for sale- tank and equipment included

jess128
12-28-2004, 01:58 AM
It's a 20 gallon tank (30x13x12) with a grated cover on it. The cover is from a 20gal of different measurements from this one, so it's a few inches too short but I have an old t-shirt covering the open bit. There's a lot of substrate, several fake plants and stones, and there's a filter as well. As for it's inhabitants, there are 2 adult firebelly newts (one male and one female.) And there are 5 babies that are on the land and a few babies that still have gills and are in the water.

Maintenance is pretty easy. I top off the water every week or so, clean the filter every 2-3 weeks. The newts are fed every other day. They eat frozen food, their favourite is frozen bloodworms, but they eat frozen brine shrimp as well, amung other things. The only downside to these guys is that they are fed by hand. I hang a bloodworm in front of their face with tweezers and they eat it that way. The babies that are still underwater are not fed though, they find scraps and things like that.

I'm selling everything for $40 obo. Let me know if you're interested and feel free to PM me with any questions.

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/508/1206IMG_0268_Small_-med.JPG

Jess