PDA

View Full Version : Glass Anemone

vivid4
12-26-2004, 10:24 PM
Hi Reefers
i could sure need some help .i need to know what causes Glass Anemone and how to get rid of them i have tryed joes juice and peppermint shrimp
would really apperate the help

Victor

Coldwater
12-26-2004, 11:05 PM
I dont really know what causes them but I just pick them off whatever they are on with a pair of tweezers. Watch out though because they can cause a sting that gives you blisters.

Matt

Bob I
12-27-2004, 12:26 AM
I dont really know what causes them but I just pick them off whatever they are on with a pair of tweezers. Watch out though because they can cause a sting that gives you blisters.

Matt

Picking them off with tweezers is not likely to work as anything left will grow a new one. Although it is not supposed to work, I have had the best success using boiling water. :biggrin:

Corey
12-27-2004, 06:09 AM
picking them off with tweezers not only grows back, but gives off multiple spores that will grow, all I do is mix up a thick paste of Kalk, put in a syringe without the needle, and squirt it into their mouths, they eat it and burn from inside out as Kalk is highly corrosive. also doesnt allow the little buggers to dissapear into any holes.