PDA

View Full Version : Lifeguard "Quiet1one" Model 1200

AndyL
12-26-2004, 08:49 PM
Well, I bought it because it was cheap - figured good insurance to have a spare pump around anyway. After 2 hours of running - I can't wait for the mag2 to be back running.

Quietone?! Whoever named this thing obviously never had it running next to their desk! It's got a very distinctive hum (Think big optima air pump), and a very noticeable rattle; kind of sounds like air is getting sucked through the pump - but there was no problem/sounds of that type with the mag.

The instructions sucked - all I needed to know was how to put the threaded adapter so I could run it dry. No mention of that whatsoever. (After mucking around, take off the cover, throw it away, install the threaded connector in it's place).

What can I say that's good about it? well it works... Male threads on the intake and exit (if only the mag had those - I wouldn't have broken its cover). Price at 50$ was right. And it does flow noticeably more water than the mag2 (it's rated at 296gph - mag2's rated at 250).

Andy

albert_dao
12-27-2004, 01:04 AM
Well, I guess that throws in the towel nicely on this thing.

AndyL
12-27-2004, 10:59 PM
Thanks for the idear albert :) A towel tossed on it does muffle the sound somewhat :mrgreen:

Still want my mag back...