PDA

View Full Version : Phosguard and leather corals

DW79
06-22-2019, 03:21 AM
Have read many mixed reviews about using Phosguard and weather they do or don't effect leathers. If you listen to the Seachem websit there is no effect to your tank if your PH is on par, but most companies will tell you anything to sell their product. Does anyone have first hand experience with phosgaurd and the effects on leather's?

i have crabs
07-08-2019, 11:52 PM
I used it once and almost killed some toadstools but ive also used it a few times with no problems, pretty sure if you dont use more than you need too and rince it well there isnt a problem,

DW79
07-09-2019, 10:12 AM
I used the recomended amount and rinsed it well and pulled it out after 4 days. My toadstool leather closed up the second or third day. After 2 weeks of it staying closed I gave it a light brushing with a toothbrush to see if it was still firm or had something on it that it didn't like. It shed the next day and openned back up. I don't know if it was just shedding, if it was the phosgaurd or both, but it seems to be fine now.

Reyphox
07-25-2019, 06:00 AM
Your toadstool needs more flow to help it shed. Also give it a good amount of light, they prefer moderate to higher amounts.