PDA

View Full Version : What do you add??

Quinster
12-26-2004, 03:20 PM
Hello all,

I was just wanting to see what different people use for additives. I have been looking at alot of tanks with beautiful growth and every LFS you go to pushes their own supplies, but, how many of them have tanks at home that looks like some of yours?

Any info will be appriciated...

Skimmerking
12-26-2004, 03:29 PM
I think its a money making thing Quinster, I always only used Kalk and a 2 part if i didnt have a reactor. I let the natural way take care of it self ,because every tank will be differnt as you already know.

people will say you need MAGnesium and stronium and all the other ones lots of them are for people who dont require reactor.

oh ya its going to depend on the corals that you have placed in your tank certain corals and fish need certain ones. its going to depend on what the buyer has read up on to see what their tanks need.

mike

Richer
12-26-2004, 03:35 PM
Only thing I add to my tank is kalk via a kalk reactor. All my corals are doing just fine with decent growth (softies, lps, sps).

-Rich

Bob I
12-26-2004, 04:00 PM
I add topoff water. :biggrin:

Canadian Man
12-26-2004, 04:55 PM
A calcium reactor and water changes.

marie
12-26-2004, 05:04 PM
water changes and kalk :biggrin:

danny zubot
12-29-2004, 07:11 PM
I add (but not often) CA+ if it has dropped between water changes. I add a general trace element solution that focuses on Magnesium and Strontium but haven't really noticed any positive effects from it. I'll most likely discontinue usage after the bottle is done. I also add the 2 part kalk when my Alk is low. Other than that I've learned that water changes give my tank everything it needs.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
12-29-2004, 10:54 PM
Liquid Reactor (Ca, Mg, Strontium) & diluted Lugol's Solution (I). Plus I feed my corals/anemones regularly & add rotifers/phytoplankton in every night. Mostly softies & LPS with 2 clams & several anemones.

I found the growth really took off (especially my Derasa) once I started using Liquid Reactor instead of Kent's Calcium.

danny zubot
12-30-2004, 02:26 PM
Who makes liquid reactor? I'd like to take a look at some of that stuff.

Fish
12-30-2004, 02:34 PM
I do add a tiny bit of iodine to my kalk drip water topoff - but only because I have a bottle left over from my days of purchasing whatever LFS employees told me I needed (I've got about six different bottles of stuff :razz: ).
Now I believe that water changes are the most important thing.

- Chad

SeaHorse_Fanatic
12-30-2004, 05:55 PM
Danny,

Kent Marine Liquid Reactor. Got my big 64oz bottle from J&L for $45 I think. 16oz is supposed to treat 5,000 gallons (according to the lit. on the bottle).

Anthony