PDA

View Full Version : Plumbing help please

Dash
06-07-2019, 07:05 PM
My husband got me a Sicce return pump for my birthday (this is what happens when you’ve been married for 20+ years). My current return pump generated a bit of noise so I thought this would be a good time to replace the last part of the return pipe with a soft tubing of some sort. So, what is the best kind of tubing to use and where can I get some of stuff needed?
Thinking maybe 6-8” of soft tubing?
Thanks for your help!

kyl
06-07-2019, 07:44 PM
New-line hose for NSF silicone tubing. I should add, they sell by the foot. Burnaby doesn't always have things in stock vs the one in Surrey, give them a call, the counter people are pretty good.

Dash
06-08-2019, 02:16 AM
Ok thanks! I’ll check it out. Any suggestions on clamps ?

smokinreefer
06-08-2019, 04:29 AM
For the amount you need why not just hit up the LFS?
I'd bring the pump with you too.

WarDog
06-08-2019, 07:41 PM
Ok thanks! I’ll check it out. Any suggestions on clamps ?

Zap straps.

Dash
06-08-2019, 09:08 PM
Oh we have those😏. I thought I’d need something special.
I didn’t think JL would have it. Actually he bought the pump there

gregzz4
06-08-2019, 11:32 PM
For the amount you need why not just hit up the LFS?
Kyl is referring to this stuff (https://www.new-line.com/hose/food-beverage-and-sanitary-hose/pvc-urethane-food-beverage-sanitary-hose/translucent-fda-silicone-tubing-not-for-medical-use) Shao. J&L doesn't carry it, and I doubt KE does either.
It's silicone, not pcv. Much softer and really helps diminish vibration transfer.
It's food grade.

Maggie, they will likely want you to pre-pay before bringing it from Surrey to Burnaby as once cut to size it's impossible to sell small cuts if you don't show up.
Because the outer surface is a bit sticky I recommend you run it under tap water to wash off whatever dirt/hair will be stuck to it. And don't worry if the inner portion sticks to itself. Just massage it to separate it from itself.

Dash
06-10-2019, 06:45 AM
I’m gonna check out New Line in Burnaby as it’s not too far away.
Thanks for the help everyone!