PDA

View Full Version : Di depleted super fast

Richard_Dicosimo
05-19-2019, 03:36 AM
Anybody out there have any suggestions for me? I setup a waterchange station with 2 55gal barrels. Of course I watched a couple bulk reef supply videos on rodi setups and decided to make everything super complicated.

My water from the house has 120tds.

I have my water come into my sediment filter and 2 carbon filters.
From there it goes into my ro membrane. The waste of my ro membrain goes into a second ro membrane. There by reducing the ammount of waste I produce.

From the filtered water on my second ro membrane my first and second ro membrane go to a t and into the di. I have a dual di and from there it goes to my barrels.

First run with new filters everywhere I made about 60gallons before both di's were completely depleted and were putting out 6tds.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

hillegom
05-19-2019, 05:23 AM
Check the TDS output of both RO membranes.
You might have a faulty RO membrane.
From What I can remember, at best, the membrane can only decrease TDS by 98%. The DI, then decreases the TDS to 0
As well, check your TDS meter with the LFS one.

FishyFishy!
05-19-2019, 02:11 PM
That's super early! I get probably 1000 gallons of RO water on a DI refill. Or more. Something is up for sure. How old are the membranes? That's identical to my RO setup as well.

11purewater
05-19-2019, 10:33 PM
You may be channeling through the DI resin.

Richard_Dicosimo
05-22-2019, 01:32 AM
Just replaced all filters except the ro's they have been ordered and should arrive tomorrow. Double checked that I didnt have a waste line going into the di but that's not the case.

Maybe I just have a bad ro filter. That's the only thing I can see at this point.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

11purewater
05-23-2019, 01:40 AM
What's your TDS out of your RO?

11purewater
05-23-2019, 01:43 AM
Calgary water has never tested 120 raw