PDA

View Full Version : please delete

Nemo
12-25-2004, 04:24 AM
delete

snaggle
12-25-2004, 04:33 AM
looks like it could be a fungis try a fungiside in a quartien tank. I will chech my books to look for spesifics to try and help more.

Brad

Nemo
12-25-2004, 04:35 AM
thanks any help would be great

trilinearmipmap
12-25-2004, 06:15 AM
Maybe Brooklynella?

Rikko
12-25-2004, 08:52 AM
Hate to give such a stupid answer, but that's fairly common in many fish. It could be fungal in nature, or maybe simple skin/mucus sloughing. My yellow watchman goby had something similar (though not quite as "thick" as yours) and I decided to just leave him and monitor... It cleared up on its own in about a week and a half. I asked a few people and their answer was something along the lines of "oh, <roll eyes impatiently> they do that sometimes. Don't worry about it"

Not that you should dismiss this out of hand, but if you can't positively ID any kind of disorder, don't put the fish through any traumatic "medical attention" if it's not necessary.

Tarolisol
12-25-2004, 07:03 PM
I dont think its brook, ive had fish with brook and i didnt look much like that. brook starts out looking like ich then skin starts peeling off :frown:

Nemo
12-25-2004, 07:41 PM
update........
The white is starting to fall off, on one side it looks like he has a very small section of new scales.

Hope this helps to identify what this is. Do fish shed like we do when they are getting new scales or growing?

Robert

Bob I
12-25-2004, 08:32 PM
If the fish shows no stress, and if it is not getting worse I would wait it out. :mrgreen: