PDA

View Full Version : Waterbox or Red Sea?

Slayer33
05-10-2019, 01:34 PM
Hey everyone, I'm looking to upgrade to a new tank later this year once we make some space in our basement for a new tank. Currently I have a 58 gallon w/30 gallon sump on our main floor. I have been looking solely at the Red Sea Reefer 525XL or 625XXL tanks.. until yesterday I saw some nice offerings from Waterbox. I am looking for something around the 120 gallon display tank size. Anyone have any experience with the Waterbox tanks and who sells them in Calgary if at all?

Frogger
05-10-2019, 04:21 PM
I have a Red Sea Reefer and am happy with it. Not sure Waterbox has any Canadian Distributors which would make getting one more difficult.

You are located in Calgary, Concept makes really good aquariums and they are in your neighbourhood.

DKoKoMan
05-10-2019, 05:24 PM
Depending on what you want to spend and if your solely in to the Red Sea all in one. I would strongly echo frogger, concept is in Calgary so that is half the battle! Then you can get whatever dimensions you want to fit your space. I’m happy with my custom build and it’s held up nicely.

Skimmer Juice
05-10-2019, 09:15 PM
Depending on what you want to spend and if your solely in to the Red Sea all in one. I would strongly echo frogger, concept is in Calgary so that is half the battle! Then you can get whatever dimensions you want to fit your space. I’m happy with my custom build and it’s held up nicely.

This , you can literally get anything you want from them . Even nicer IMO . I mean the waterbox and red sea is nice for the stand and a nice complete package . Myself have always preferred the look of a custom built aquarium , and also prefer a white backdrop as opposed to black .

Nate
05-11-2019, 12:02 AM
As an aquarium maintenance guy that has set up a ton of custom and about 20 red Sea reefers,. There is a time and a place for either or . That being said there's nothing quite like building a red Sea reefer and having a tank, on a furniture quality stand and plumbed in just a few hours.

My only complaint is the small ato on the reefers. I usually put a reserve tank and an ato on them. Easy fix