PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions to get my Sohal to eat

Chin_Lee
12-22-2004, 07:02 PM
I bought a Sohal tang on Sunday and it hasn't eaten anything I've put into the tank. I gave mysis on Sunday night, bloodworms with garlic monday night, and mysis with garlic last night. I also put nori in the tank but it isn't interested in any of the food but it has cleaned off all the algae off both my tunze streams and constantly swimming around picking algae off the live rocks. It looks healthy and its still posturing with a purple tang which is the same size as the sohal.

I'm coming up with ideas with Seahorse Fanatic and he's going to bring some grape caleurpa to see if it eats that. Does anybody have any other suggestions to get it to start eating meaty foods? I haven't really seen a 100% vegetarian tang.... although i know their diet should consist mainly algae. Just a little concerning for me.......

Aquattro
12-22-2004, 07:54 PM
I think if it's eating alage, that's a good sign. Give it time and I'm sure it will start eating regular food.
Watch the FW mysis though, apparently causes mad cow disease. :razz:

albert_dao
12-22-2004, 08:23 PM
I think if it's eating alage, that's a good sign. Give it time and I'm sure it will start eating regular food.
Watch the FW mysis though, apparently causes mad cow disease. :razz:

Talk about fanning the flames, haha.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
12-23-2004, 05:20 AM
Brad,

You crack me up. FWM=MCD. HaHaHaHaHa!!! :lol:

vanreefer
12-23-2004, 06:34 AM
chin_lee,
I never really understood vegetarians, but maybe you got one in your tank :lol:
I would suggest maybe some nori to fill his belly and maybe in time he will realize smaller creatures exist so the larger ones can eat them. :eek:

Dano

Willito
12-23-2004, 02:57 PM
Put some Nori on a string and let sit in the tank....this should work for most vegetarians.

Chin_Lee
12-23-2004, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the replies and Brad, the mad cow thing is pretty funny :lol:

I have tried nori and it hasn't tried it. I put in some grape caleurpa yesterday and it started nipping at it although not as voraciously as i would like to see. But at least its identifying the food and eating bits and pieces of it. My tunze streams are now very clean :biggrin:

Chin_Lee
12-25-2004, 06:37 PM
My sohal started eating the rehydrated dried algae that I was selling at the meet. It saw the purple continuously munching away at it and eventually "sparked" its interests. Its on the road to getting big and healthy ...... and eventually be the dominant one in the tank. The purple currently has dominance but i suspect............... not for long.

MERRY XMAS ALL